CT Sun vs. LV Aces, Sunday 6/2 | The Boneyard

CT Sun vs. LV Aces, Sunday 6/2

Reaction Score
43-40 Las Vegas at halftime, although it mostly seems like the Aces should be winning by more than that.

Homer LV announcers are in love with Cambage, and with saying her name (which they do every time they show her on the bench - she's played 6 minutes so far).

Cambage's BB IQ? In pregame interview she said she's not trying to do too much right now while she's trying to learn the plays ("People all over the world know it takes me a long time to learn the plays." ?#$%?^&*??)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aces' two number 1 draft, Plum and Young are zero pt at 3rd Q, Sun 53, Aces 49 now.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Plum has gotten off to a slow start every season she's been in the WNBA. I don't know what the deal is. She always finishes stronger down the stretch.

Any reason she only played 20 minutes as the starting PG today? Not even sure who the backup PG is, none of the names jump out at me from the box score. She's obviously not platooning w/ Jefferson any longer.

It's really early, but LV is 1-2 and not exactly setting the world on fire. Might take a while for new additions to gel, but predictions of them being the front runner to win the title this year are looking kinda ridiculous at the moment.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Any reason she only played 20 minutes as the starting PG today? Not even sure who the backup PG is, none of the names jump out at me from the box score. She's obviously not platooning w/ Jefferson any longer.
Sydney Colson is the backup PG.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sydney Colson is the backup PG.

Thanks. Not familiar with her. Googled stats from college and pro career, very modest production. Playing nearly equal minutes as Plum so far this season.

Does Laimbeer have any idea what he's trying to do w/ the PG position for LV? It doesn't seem like it. Platooning players, jettisoning players, platooning other players. I seem to recall before the season started that he was thinking of trying to use Jackie Young as a PG as well. It seems to me they've gone backward from last year: Plum/Jefferson/Allen combo better than Plum/Young/Colson.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thanks. Not familiar with her. Googled stats from college and pro career, very modest production. Playing nearly equal minutes as Plum so far this season.

Does Laimbeer have any idea what he's trying to do w/ the PG position for LV? It doesn't seem like it. Platooning players, jettisoning players, platooning other players. I seem to recall before the season started that he was thinking of trying to use Jackie Young as a PG as well. It seems to me they've gone backward from last year: Plum/Jefferson/Allen combo better than Plum/Young/Colson.
Not that it matters much to the Aces, but she was fantastic in A&M's run to the title in 2011. Not spectacular, but solid as a rock and brought all the intangibles as a confident floor leader.

Against Phoenix the other day she had a very good game: 8 points, 3 assists and 2 steals in just 15 minutes of play (10 less than Plum). That probably earned her some capital. That combined with Plum's lack of production probably influenced the minutes balance today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not that it matters much to the Aces, but she was fantastic in A&M's run to the title in 2011. Not spectacular, but solid as a rock and brought all the intangibles as a confident floor leader.

Shoot, I have trouble remembering that far back. I think after Stanford and UConn were eliminated I lost interest in the Finals that year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom