CT Sun Schedule | The Boneyard

CT Sun Schedule

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
The Sun continue the grueling road schedule they've been on for about a month now when they face a murderer's row of the best teams in the WNBA starting Sunday. 4 games in a 7 days swing - Seattle, LA, Phoenix, Vegas all in one week... IMO a 2-2 result would be a HUGE victory, but the likely scenario is 1-3 and 0-4 is a real possibility as I do not expect AT's shoulder to miraculously heal. Based on history, even if she makes an appearance, she will not be close to the player she was pre-injury. She relies so much on her upper body and arms to make difficult finishes inside.

By the end of this trip, 16 games in 37 days... that's just about half of the season schedule packed into 5 weeks... and only 3 home games in the bunch, one of which was a back-to-back off an emotional loss at DC. Fortunately that was against Indy and they won it. Their reward? Hit the road for the west coast and the aforementioned murderer's row.

The Sun were in 1st place when this started, and may come out of it battling for their playoff lives.

Now the good news... 11 of the last 15 are at home and the 4 away games are only one time zone away. Just about in the middle of that stretch, there's a full week of rest around the All-Star game for those not selected (and there's no way the Sun are sending 3 again this year). If we are battling for a playoff spot, this really helps, and the Sun, being a team without a "superstar" in a superstar oriented game, need lots of help.

NOTE: I haven't compared every team's schedule and it stands to reason there may be others that face similar circumstances, but as a Sun fan, my focus is on the fortunes of this team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didn't they just play at Seattle and Phoenix on back to back nights last week? Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom