CT Sun Ready to Go | The Boneyard

CT Sun Ready to Go

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Morgan gets no mention. What's the update on the surgery recovery? Has she decided the knees are to fragile to play any more?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Oops. WHETTER... :p Just one letter off.

Morgan's blogs indicate all is well with the knee. The proof is in the playing, however. Same with Rachel. They were both doing a little promotional thing with the Celtics at the TD Garden. Can't wait for things to get underway.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Storrs, the center of the WCBB universe, and then there is the Sun. Believe it when I see it.

Reaction Score
Yes, other teams are getting older, but they are playing in the final for the championship. The suns are getting younger because when they come of age, they get traded for draft choices and never get older and never make the playoffs, ad nauseam, ad infinitum...

Reaction Score
Yes, other teams are getting older, but they are playing in the final for the championship. The suns are getting younger because when they come of age, they get traded for draft choices and never get older and never make the playoffs, ad nauseam, ad infinitum...
The getting younger and trading away for draft choices has happened a lot in recent years and I hope this is the end of it. It didn't always happen and those Sun teams were very competitive. But I agree, older teams tend to do better in basketball. There is a point where you get too old to compete, but the wisdom and maturity of the older teams means a lot, especially in the playoffs.

One of the problems with starting a team with lots of young players is that there seems to be a high rate of turnover in the WNBA. Let's hope this group stays in the league for a bunch of years. My other worry is that I think CT doesn't seem to be a very attractive place for the players to come to when compared to NY, Chicago, LA, Seattle, etc. I wonder if that's why we are having trouble keeping players. So, for this to work, they have to keep the players in CT and the WNBA for the next several years. I hope they can do it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom