CT Sun, Curt Miller, and how the Sun have turned around their fortunes | The Boneyard

CT Sun, Curt Miller, and how the Sun have turned around their fortunes

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Nice article. Thanks!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
With the resurgence of the Sun, will Morgan Tuck be put back into the starting line up (over Shekinna Stricklen) over time assuming she regains her physical form? . What is the long term plan with Chiney coming back? Would love some BY analysis.

Reaction Score
With the resurgence of the Sun, will Morgan Tuck be put back into the starting line up (over Shekinna Stricklen) over time assuming she regains her physical form? . What is the long term plan with Chiney coming back? Would love some BY analysis.

Good question! I'm wondering the same. Alyssa Thomas has been great at the 4, and she's doing a lot more than just scoring and rebounding, as her assists and steals and her defense all show. And I think it's useful for her to have a potent 3-point shooter who doesn't post-up or drive quite as much - like Stricklen - at the 3. I always thought Thomas would be amazing if only she had Stricklen's shooting, and playing them together kind of creates that elite player. :p Thomas has been very good about passing out to Stricklen on the perimeter. Thomas and Tuck might want to take up more of the same space.

I really hope Tuck comes back soon. I imagine she'd come off the bench to ease her back in. I can't help but get excited about how much stronger the CT bench would be. Tuck for 6th Woman?

Reaction Score
I basically agree with what emjay said, but Morgan might be a bit more consistent than Shekinna and has a bit more variety to her game. Morgan had been the leader scorer for the Sun before getting hurt, so that might play in her favor. On the other hand, things have been going so well. Anyway, Miller will make it work somehow.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thanks for illustrating the difficulties involved and showing how deep this team can be at full strength. Never saw this coming so soon. :D

Reaction Score
As someone who pays almost no attention to the WNBA, I just want to say how happy I am for all the long-suffering Suns fans who are finally starting to see some quality pro pro ball again. Especially given the quality of WCBB you're used to, I'm sure it has been long in coming. Nice to see. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom