OT: - CT Sun Acquire Reshanda Gray from ATL... | The Boneyard

OT: CT Sun Acquire Reshanda Gray from ATL...

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
...sending Aneika Henry-Morello back from whence she came. Roster gets a little small and probably more athletic. Even when not injured, Aneika was a minor contributor in her time with the Sun.

Sun Acquire Gray From Dream - Connecticut Sun

Well, another season heavily impacted by injuries. With Ogwumike out (arguably their best player), and no significant draft choice, the success potential this summer will be limited again.

How will Banham and Tuck come back? How might Alleyne (supposedly an "Ogwumike-lite" kind of player) fit in? Will Jones and Williams advance their considerable raw skills. And the annual questions: can Kelly make the roster? Will we ever see Alba Torrens (the Sun organization's Moby Dick)?

Back court warrior Jasmine Thomas is an Unrestricted Free Agent, but seems to like it here. Veteran Camille Little was named as a Core Player but never really seemed to like the area much (are we looking for a sign-and-trade arrangement to try to get something back for her?).

In any case, the W season seems a long way off and there is much Husky business to complete.
:)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I thought that it was/is fairly certain that Alba Torrens will play the upcoming season. Chiney being out is definitely a big bummer (I would say that would be a definite playoff team with her healthy), but Torrens in particular can make a big new impact. And I do have high hopes for Jonquel Jones, Morgan Tuck, and even Rachel Banham (though I continue to regard the decision to draft her as a BIG mistake).

Kelsey Plum strikes me as Banham II -- a player without the speed or quickness to make an impact in the W. Fortunately (barring a trade) she should be someone else's problem.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
1) I thought that it was/is fairly certain that Alba Torrens will play the upcoming season. Chiney being out is definitely a big bummer (I would say that would be a definite playoff team with her healthy), but Torrens in particular can make a big new impact. And 2) I do have high hopes for Jonquel Jones, Morgan Tuck, and even Rachel Banham (though I continue to regard the decision to draft her as a BIG mistake).

Kelsey Plum strikes me as Banham II -- a player without the speed or quickness to make an impact in the W. Fortunately (barring a trade) she should be someone else's problem.

1) Never certain until they show up. I think its a Sandrine Gruda situation. Wants to play in the W, but not in Uncasville. If she made it known that she would definitely play in one of the more attractive cities, we might be able to trade her rights for a player that might actually play for a few years.
2) What about Courtney? She was definitely an exciting addition who got her team charged up with her energy. She was just so raw... I think there is big upside there.
Unfortunately, with some exceptions, if players develop a lot in the W it is mostly on their own. There's little time for teaching fundamentals if you don't come with them already in your tool kit. That is why the W loves UConn players. They come in "pro-ready".

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom