OT: CT State HS Basketball Tourney? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: CT State HS Basketball Tourney?

Reaction Score
There's always going to be some people who literally need to have someone they know be directly impacted before they care at all.

Or maybe I'm wrong and he'd be okay with relatives dying if it means he gets to watch basketball.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Had a brief meeting with my team after school. The seniors are absolutely devastated. Especially for kids who won't play in college.. this is it for them. They will never play again.

I understand the decision.. just wish we could have done it with no fans. Or just immediate family
Sorry to hear that, I feel bad for those kids

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I am just joking about washing my hands less to prove a point. I will be washing as much as I always have. I apologize for ruffling feathers.

Reaction Score
Federal money was announced as well. Seems like a gross overreaction to me.

Stuck between an early reaction or a late reaction. It sucks but this is being taken very seriously.

Reaction Score
Boomer!!!!

This is getting out of hand. I have not changed one thing about my life since this nonsense started and I do not intend to, whatsoever. If the AAC tournament was in Hartford this year, I'd be there. I am considering a trip to the Garden this weekend. See you there, with no face mask on. I may even start washing my hands less to prove a point.
m

Reaction Score
Feel terrible for the kids. I can’t imagine how they feel working so hard and now not being able to continue in their quests for a state championship.

I will say that people on this thread are way underestimating this virus. Embarrassing really.

Reaction Score
Got a quick pod together on this featuring the ED of the CIAC and a former Fairfield Prep student who started the petition to get them to change their decision. Check it out:

Reaction Score
I would think, petition or no petition, it is highly unlikely they reverse their decision. There is the modern day fear of getting sued by anyone who contracts the virus if they let them play. Lawyers and politicians like to spoil fun.

Reaction Score
I could understand if hundreds or thousands were infected, but 2....ridiculous overreaction by the CIAC. Play without crowds, immediately family only. If I were a senior, I would be furious.

So the sad reality is that we have two confirmed cases but none of the major hospitals have tests. So anyone who goes to the hospitals won’t be tested.

Reaction Score
If a coach or ref has had any type of sick feeling at all they would have to be honest and bow out just in case they hit the "bad" jackpot..

Reaction Score
So the sad reality is that we have two confirmed cases but none of the major hospitals have tests. So anyone who goes to the hospitals won’t be tested.
I swore I heard on the news that the hospitals were sending their samples to the state medical labs for testing. Of course what's on the news is rarely accurate.

Reaction Score
A friend is a phd and works in infectious diseases at Hopkins. Her specialty is RAV, but she told me last night that everyone there has been swamped with the covid-19 stuff. It’s no joke.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Immaculate grad?

nah. I went to school at one of small towns. Not my team that was affected but the year after me and then a recent year. Absolutely ridiculous crap that criminal cartel pulls. The ciac makes the bcs look like a brilliant organization.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I just don't think they should have cancelled the tournament but played with no crowds and live stream for the fans. You could have students video tape and just allow coaches and players with the referees

This sucks for the student athletes, especially the seniors who will never play another game again

Reaction Score
Typical Jacobs. Fever, cough and breathlessness are the major symptoms and all can be evaluated among the players, coaches, other staff and all their family members. If they have not encountered anyone with the virus, or symptoms, and there are no positives there is little likelihood playing games in empty gyms would create problems beyond what people will experience when food shopping or engaging in other activities that are not being shut down.

Reaction Score
Typical Jacobs. Fever, cough and breathlessness are the major symptoms and all can be evaluated among the players, coaches, other staff and all their family members. If they have not encountered anyone with the virus, or symptoms, and there are no positives there is little likelihood playing games in empty gyms would create problems beyond what people will experience when food shopping or engaging in other activities that are not being shut down.
You can go 2 weeks without symptoms and still spread it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom