OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
My assistant is going tonight and will report back on Monday. I am hitting two JRAD shows at the end of May.
I’m not seeing jrad but I have 2 nights of lake street dive tix for early June.

Prices in that place ridiculous.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m not seeing jrad but I have 2 nights of lake street dive tix for early June.

Prices in that place ridiculous.
I am there for the Thursday LSD show with the same friends I was with when we saw Watkins Glen at that German club.

Reaction Score
My assistant is going tonight and will report back on Monday. I am hitting two JRAD shows at the end of May.
I'll be at all 3 of those shows. Sect 110 all nights. The wife was one of only 27 ppl to get 3 day passes on the fkd up on sale day.

Reaction Score
Not an outdoor show, but just picked up tickets for Bela Fleck and the Flecktons at Capitol Theater. Show is in April...2022!

Love that venue and always love seeing the Flecktones: they were my first paid concert, sophomore year of high school at SUNY-Purchase.

Reaction Score
Not an outdoor show, but just picked up tickets for Bela Fleck and the Flecktons at Capitol Theater. Show is in April...2022!

Love that venue and always love seeing the Flecktones: they were my first paid concert, sophomore year of high school at SUNY-Purchase.
The Cap is a great venue. Even tho they almost had me arrested going in for Lettuce. Ha, then they let me in and the head bouncer walked me in and gave me a hug. Lesson to learn: don't hide your oney in your pack of cigarettes....

Reaction Score
Last night was great. Tonight looking a little more wet, but so great to be seeing live music again. I could definitely get used to reduced capacity shows!

Good to see Benevento and Russo on stage together. In 2005? at UMass-Amherst saw a hell of the triple bill with the Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey and The Slip opening for Benevento/Russo duo. Made that trip to see The Slip, but The Duo was certainly a fun and interesting show to see how they put it all together.

In other outdoor music news, Caramoor in Katonah, NY is opening on June 11th. A must check-out if you haven't been and close to Fairfield, New Haven and Litchfield counties. Seen dozens of shows there (outdoor Bill Frissell Trio show was the highlight). Events Archive | Caramoor

Last edited:

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The gore tex did not hold up great Friday night, needs to be re-waterproofed. Been looking for the trusty Rent rain poncho since yesterday, seems to have disappeared (been a while). Ill be hitting Wal-Mart for a replacement for tonight, or maybe the dollar store for some to sell on the lot, $5 each, 3 for $10, for the beer fund :cool::p

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The gore tex did not hold up great Friday night, needs to be re-waterproofed. Been looking for the trusty Rent rain poncho since yesterday, seems to have disappeared (been a while). Ill be hitting Wal-Mart for a replacement for tonight, or maybe the dollar store for some to sell on the lot, $5 each, 3 for $10, for the beer fund :cool::p
They were selling them inside last night for $5.

I am going full rain gear tonight. Including pants.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
They were selling them inside last night for $5.
Didn't look like you needed a poncho last night. They'll probably be marked up to $10 tonight.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Didn't look like you needed a poncho last night. They'll probably be marked up to $10 tonight.
There was some very light rain for like the first half hour and then it was pretty dry for the rest of the show.

Reaction Score
There was some very light rain for like the first half hour and then it was pretty dry for the rest of the show.
I haven't sat in my seats at either show so far. Been posted up under the over hang near the bars. First show I was so cold that I brought 2 winter coats the second night, and didn't use them much. No idea what to do tonight. The music has been great but the weather has made it less than optimal.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I haven't sat in my seats at either show so far. Been posted up under the over hang near the bars. First show I was so cold that I brought 2 winter coats the second night, and didn't use them much. No idea what to do tonight. The music has been great but the weather has made it less than optimal.
I had a front row floor pod last night and again tonight so I will be at my seats. I brought layers and switched it up a bit. I am doing the same tonight with only the addition of rain pants to pull over my regular pants.

On top I have a merino wool base layer and outside I have a Goretex shell and I have a Northface Thermoball coat and windproof vest to use in between as needed. Going with Goretex shoes tonight too I think. And wool socks.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Headed up from Norwalk in a bit. Even though you are all obviously seasoned show pros, just a friendly PSA for tonight, do not forget -

A freezer zip lok for you phone;

If you wear glasses, a baseball cap, a dry wipe cloth and no fog spray if you're got it;

And tighty whities or boxer briefs if anything needs to be crotched ;)

Reaction Score
In August, I'm headed to Northampton, MA to an outdoor venue called the Pines Theater to see Tedeschi Trucks.
I had never even heard of the place until last week before tix went on sale. Looks pretty nice online. Anyone been there???

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In August, I'm headed to Northampton, MA to an outdoor venue called the Pines Theater to see Tedeschi Trucks.
I had never even heard of the place until last week before tix went on sale. Looks pretty nice online. Anyone been there???
Yes, it's a great little amphitheater, seating on a grassy hill. I think the capacity is around 2,500. I went to a bunch of shows there years ago. Check the latest chair rules, iirc you have to sit on a blanket or those low to ground sand chairs.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Got gifted this in the Yale bowl parking lot b4 the show

15684.jpeg

And the gas was right next to us post show. And what a show!!! Never miss a Sunday

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All three shows were fire. Unfortunately for me, I had the wook to end all wooks forced upon me all weekend, and he ruined my whole weekend. He almost got me kicked out of my hotel, wandered off and made me walk the streets to find him so he wouldnt die (all he brought with him was a jersey, shorts and tevas) and was lost in New haven in the tain and cold till almost 4 first night. He borrowed all my booze and other party supplies, every time he saw me he rubbed his nasty ass belly on my and grabbed my nipples, told people he was going to steal my wife, and i could not get rid of him. There’s more, but i wont bore you. Ruined everything. I was so pissed that i spent half to 3/4 of each show listening from the smoking area. Never want to see that again.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
All three shows were fire. Unfortunately for me, I had the wook to end all wooks forced upon me all weekend, and he ruined my whole weekend. He almost got me kicked out of my hotel, wandered off and made me walk the streets to find him so he wouldnt die (all he brought with him was a jersey, shorts and tevas) and was lost in New haven in the tain and cold till almost 4 first night. He borrowed all my booze and other party supplies, every time he saw me he rubbed his nasty ass belly on my and grabbed my nipples, told people he was going to steal my wife, and i could not get rid of him. There’s more, but i wont bore you. Ruined everything. I was so pissed that i spent half to 3/4 of each show listening from the smoking area. Never want to see that again.
Wow. That’s brutal. I didn’t think @August_West went to the shows.

Reaction Score
Aamof, if any of you a saw a stumbling drunk wook in a Tom Brady jersey and shorts, thats the dude im talking about. Guy is drinking himself to death. He showed up with just the clothes on his back for a three day run. We had to force him to shower coz he smelled so bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom