OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues

Reaction Score
That doesn't dissuade me as much as the no outside food or booze.
Yarmouth said no booze, but when we got in there the security dudes just said to put it in solo cups so they didn't know what it was. But, they were on point for anyone smoking...they didn't like my drunk ass all that much tbh. But I was front row middle, so I was on display...and I'm not easy to miss in general

Reaction Score
I went to South Farms for Bill Burr last night. It's just a great venue that I think can fit 5,000 people in the future for shows. It's something my buddy has wanted to do for years with the family farm and the pandemic was his time to pivot. Just like I predicted he's gotten some blowback because it's the land of steady habits and no fun. What stinks is he got approval from the state and from the town P&Z and then out of the blue the town held a meeting the other night and even threatened a cease and desist order because of a few busy bodies.

Burr has 4 more shows there the next 2 nights and Ben is going to make this a major live venue when we head into more normal times. I'm going to write a letter to the first selectman and P&Z as will a bunch of my friends. This farm is an incredible asset to the area and to the state. My guess is there will be a bunch of shows boneyarders and people in the Northeast will want to see in the future. He needs support...all businesses in the area will benefit.

As for the show...openers were lackluster, Bill Burr was amazing. Big concession stand with a lot of craft beers and cocktails. We double fisted juice bombs and rum & cokes. Walked down the incline and placed our lawn chairs down. Everyone way spaced out for a show of 500 people. Probably the best Covid night out I've had. Allman Betts band coming up soon.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I went to South Farms for Bill Burr last night. It's just a great venue that I think can fit 5,000 people in the future for shows. It's something my buddy has wanted to do for years with the family farm and the pandemic was his time to pivot. Just like I predicted he's gotten some blowback because it's the land of steady habits and no fun. What stinks is he got approval from the state and from the town P&Z and then out of the blue the town held a meeting the other night and even threatened a cease and desist order because of a few busy bodies.

Burr has 4 more shows there the next 2 nights and Ben is going to make this a major live venue when we head into more normal times. I'm going to write a letter to the first selectman and P&Z as will a bunch of my friends. This farm is an incredible asset to the area and to the state. My guess is there will be a bunch of shows boneyarders and people in the Northeast will want to see in the future. He needs support...all businesses in the area will benefit.

As for the show...openers were lackluster, Bill Burr was amazing. Big concession stand with a lot of craft beers and cocktails. We double fisted juice bombs and rum & cokes. Walked down the incline and placed our lawn chairs down. Everyone way spaced out for a show of 500 people. Probably the best Covid night out I've had. Allman Betts band coming up soon.
He's booking a ton of shows and selling most of them out as fast as he can book them. People are traveling from other states because they are starved for live music. I am glad he's doing it and doing well, but the location blows for me because it's an hour-plus each way. The drive home is brutal.

Reaction Score
He's booking a ton of shows and selling most of them out as fast as he can book them. People are traveling from other states because they are starved for live music. I am glad he's doing it and doing well, but the location blows for me because it's an hour-plus each way. The drive home is brutal.
Where do you live?

Reaction Score
Buy a transit van, convert to a camper, and stealth camp! Works for me! BUT, jfc are the tickets expensive at South Farm. $150 for 2 ppl for Pigeons as well as Goose. Thats a no for me pham. Especially when i hit at least one show a weekend...

Reaction Score
Buy a transit van, convert to a camper, and stealth camp! Works for me! BUT, jfc are the tickets expensive at South Farm. $150 for 2 ppl for Pigeons as well as Goose. Thats a no for me pham. Especially when i hit at least one show a weekend...

I think yarmouth is doing $150 for a car full (4 people max) which still doesnt make it worth it for me to go on my own to shows but is cool if you got a group.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Aren't you in Chicago? Or did you just travel for this. I don't live near but it sounds like he's doing something really great there.

Reaction Score
Also what is the sound like? I've heard the knock on yarmouth is there is no PA system, basically forced to listen to the show in your car radio

Reaction Score
Aren't you in Chicago? Or did you just travel for this. I don't live near but it sounds like he's doing something really great there.
I came to CT. to spend some time with family and friends. It's a great venue.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was going to see Manchester Orchestra and Front Bottoms at South Farms. Freaking NIMBYs

Reaction Score
South Farms dunzo after this season (see you in court!) Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
I'm involved with this a bit. This issuing a cease and desist that orders him to stop whenever the executive order expires is meaningless since he has to stop then (February) regardless. With Covid continuing on I could see Lamont extending the temporary order. The real fight could be post-Covid when Ben has to get approval from P&Z. He's having concerts like 5 nights a week now because these are incredibly unique circumstances. I think his plan post Covid is to have far less shows with way more people on the weekends. There shouldn't be trouble because it's completely in the best interest of the town, county & state and Ben is a great person, huge asset to the town, and a reasonable guy but I know how people are up there and I'm convinced they will give him trouble. If that's the case he will get everyone to come out and support him and or lawyer up if they want to make things difficult.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I played outside in RI last weekend. Checkout the sign they hung on my monitor

0146F57E-96DA-4C8E-9ACA-8DBFDC072F28.jpeg

Reaction Score
He’s done at end of season
He can have concerts there until February which was what the board agreed to in the first place. Things will have to be figured out for down the road. There will be concerts there in the future, they obviously won't be every night of the week.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He can have concerts there until February which was what the board agreed to in the first place. Things will have to be figured out for down the road. There will be concerts there in the future, they obviously won't be every night of the week.

I know some of his booking partners. They arent hopeful about the town voting to approve zoning for it on a go forward basis. I hope he gets approval. Its a great thing he is doing. But CT isnt known as ground zero for NIMBY'ism for nothing.

And hes realisitcally got four maybe 5 weeks left on the weather aspect of making it.

Reaction Score
I know some of his booking partners. They arent hopeful about the town voting to approve zoning for it on a go forward basis. I hope he gets approval. Its a great thing he is doing. But CT isnt known as ground zero for NIMBY'ism for nothing.

And hes realisitcally got four maybe 5 weeks left on the weather aspect of making it.
It's a small number of the old set in their way people up there who flip out about any sort of change, granted it's a big change with concerts most nights of the week right now but we're in a once in a century pandemic where people have to be creative to make money. It will no doubt be a fight because that area is so opposed to change, economic development, and fun but Ben has wanted to do this for years and I don't see him backing down on this. That farm is the best thing that ever happened to that town and he has the overwhelming support of the community, support of the businesses in the area, and support of some people with influence. He will work with them and their concerns but if they make things hell for him he'll threaten to sell and turn it into a subdivision which everyone will totally freak out about.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It's a small number of the old set in their way people up there who flip out about any sort of change, granted it's a big change with concerts most nights of the week right now but we're in a once in a century pandemic where people have to be creative to make money. It will no doubt be a fight because that area is so opposed to change, economic development, and fun but Ben has wanted to do this for years and I don't see him backing down on this. That farm is the best thing that ever happened to that town and he has the overwhelming support of the community, support of the businesses in the area, and support of some people with influence. He will work with them and their concerns but if they make things hell for him he'll threaten to sell and turn it into a subdivision which everyone will totally freak out about.
Probably a lot of Trump “open our states and give us our freedom!” votes up there voting against an economic boost to their area and a creative way to be “open”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom