OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues

Reaction Score
n00bs

My first shows were in 1985. Hunt's, Finbar's, Goddard College.
Idk why it took me so long to figure out, but this weekend is the 2 year anniversary of Curveball. What a mess. Turned out good for me, but still...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Idk why it took me so long to figure out, but this weekend is the 2 year anniversary of Curveball. What a mess. Turned out good for me, but still...
I’ve been enjoying the return of The Bunny on the Phish Sirius station.

I love Fishman’s Errant Path show.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Curvevball Night 0 was a lot of fun.
Sad that we had to pack back up again the next morning.
It had the makings of a great weekend as we dragged a camper trailer up there.

Errant Path was a repeat this week (I think 2nd episode) but Fishman told a story of blasting Zappa's 'Bobby Brown Goes Down' when he was younger and his mother freaking out because of the lyrics because his 8 year old sister was in the other room. Made me chuckle. We used to blast Zappa loud out of our rooms in the Jungle in the mid-90's. God knows what people must of thought of us.

Reaction Score

Errant Path was a repeat this week (I think 2nd episode) but Fishman told a story of blasting Zappa's 'Bobby Brown Goes Down' when he was younger and his mother freaking out because of the lyrics because his 8 year old sister was in the other room. Made me chuckle. We used to blast Zappa loud out of our rooms in the Jungle in the mid-90's. God knows what people must of thought of us.
The ditch party was off the hook. Silent Trees by the bathrooms was amazing.

Reaction Score
I'm curious how safe they'll be able to keep things and how spread out people will stay. I've seen a few Dinosaur Jr. shows and a couple of J Mascis solo shows the past few years. I'm sitting this one out, since I still don't know how much I trust crowds of people at a concert, even though being outdoors is relatively safe. If this is the only way to see live music by next year, then I'm a lot more likely to check out this type of show.
My buddy is absolutely killing it with South Farms. He has Warren Haynes from the Allman Brothers playing there in September and now just announced Bill Burr is performing there later in September.

Reaction Score

I've only probably explored a 1/100th of Zappa's catalog but he is all over the place. I love the hot rats album and then all those songs like Catholic Girls and Bobby Brown goes down .

Reaction Score
My buddy is absolutely killing it with South Farms. He has Warren Haynes from the Allman Brothers playing there in September and now just announced Bill Burr is performing there later in September.

Where is this or what is South farms?

Reaction Score
Where is this or what is South farms?
It's a family farm in Morris, CT. His dad died in a tragic farm accident and he moved back from Boston to run the farm. He's turned it into a major destination.
FullSizeR1(5).jpg

Reaction Score
ohh is there where Marcus King is playing next month?

Marcus King has already announced tour dates for Sept and Oct...2021, with Chris Stapleton. Very nice double bill. Locally, they are playing Mansfield, MA and MSG.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Warren Haynes sold out in minutes it seemed.

Reaction Score
I saw legion of Jerry on Friday at The Tiger, and August West played First Tube for us! It was sweet as hell. Thanks man!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did anyone go to the Marcus King show last night? Curious to hear reviews.

Reaction Score
Did anyone go to the Marcus King show last night? Curious to hear reviews.

I didnt, I was actually in yarmouth on Friday night when he played there. I was wrestling with it but at the end decided not to. Its $125 a car (max 4 people) we had 5 people none who know of him except me. I'd be curious if anyone has seen one of these drive through tours if they think its worth it?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I didnt, I was actually in yarmouth on Friday night when he played there. I was wrestling with it but at the end decided not to. Its $125 a car (max 4 people) we had 5 people none who know of him except me. I'd be curious if anyone has seen one of these drive through tours if they think its worth it?
I was with some friends this past weekend who saw the Mt. Joy show at the Yarmouth Drive-In a few weeks ago. They said it was fun and they were psyched just to be at a live music event again, but they were surprised that the audio was through their own car radio (like a real drive-in) and the couldn't really hear it well if they left their cars (like if they just wanted to sit in chairs next to their cars). That's why we were curious about the set up at South Farms in Morris, because that is not a drive-in, so it would seem that they would have to have real amplification through amps, speaker towers, etc.

I believe they also said no booze was allowed, and none was for sale.

Reaction Score
I was with some friends this past weekend who saw the Mt. Joy show at the Yarmouth Drive-In a few weeks ago. They said it was fun and they were psyched just to be at a live music event again, but they were surprised that the audio was through their own car radio (like a real drive-in) and the couldn't really hear it well if they left their cars (like if they just wanted to sit in chairs next to their cars). That's why we were curious about the set up at South Farms in Morris, because that is not a drive-in, so it would seem that they would have to have real amplification through amps, speaker towers, etc.

yeah thats exactly what i was afraid of. Having to sit in your car with a barely visible stage just doesnt seem worth it to me. Would rather just watch a live stream on your computer. It's obviously better than nothing but, it must be weird for the band to just be playing in front of a bunch of cars.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
yeah thats exactly what i was afraid of. Having to sit in your car with a barely visible stage just doesnt seem worth it to me. Would rather just watch a live stream on your computer. It's obviously better than nothing but, it must be weird for the band to just be playing in front of a bunch of cars.
Forgot to add that they bought tickets in the first section, hoping to be close enough to hear the band from their car, and they couldn't. All they could hear were the drums.

Reaction Score

I believe they also said no booze was allowed, and none was for sale.
My friend was at the Marcus King show last night at South Farms. He said it was great...opener went on at 7, Marcus King went on at 8 and show ended at 10. They had beer for sale and a couple of food trucks, he said to bring lawn chairs, you're on an incline.

I'll be at the Bill Burr show in a couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
Forgot to add that they bought tickets in the first section, hoping to be close enough to hear the band from their car, and they couldn't. All they could hear were the drums.
I was at Yarmouth for PTF on Saturday. The sound was bad, untill we put the car stereo on and opened the windows. The people behind us did too, and it was ok. Not like a full PA good but still fun. Probably going back there for Goose on Saturday again. I just like to party and be around people again.

Reaction Score
Dude, Goose is coming up at South Farms for $150 for 2 ppl. Goose is awesome, I'm seeing them tomorrow, but $150 is steep.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dude, Goose is coming up at South Farms for $150 for 2 ppl. Goose is awesome, I'm seeing them tomorrow, but $150 is steep.
That doesn't dissuade me as much as the no outside food or booze.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom