OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I would love to just see Lettuce doing JGB, but I don't want to spend all day and night there.

I would be curious to see what mode Grace Potter is in now. I liked her when she started out with the Nocturnals. Even though the band was weak she had a nice cool, groovy hippie chick thing going. Then she shuttled the band and went with a bit of a tarty look that landed her a lot more gigs, but I thought the music and vibe suffered and I lost interest. Then I saw her recent tribute to John Prine after he passed and I was impressed again. Just her and her guitar and a really heartfelt rendition of "Angel from Montgomery."

I like that whole lineup.

I just dont like any of their GD/Jerry interpretations, and Ive heard all of them do it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I like that whole lineup.

I just dont like any of their GD/Jerry interpretations, and Ive heard all of them do it.
You have seen Lettuce do JGB? That's really the only one about which I am curious.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Last night had some beautiful weather and a huge crowd in Bushnell Park for the Monday Night Jazz. Headlining was the Warren Wolf Quartet. I had never heard of Wolf, turns out he is a phenomenal vibraphonist with a hot band. They were so good I joined the Jazz Society as soon as I got home. It's been a good summer for free music in Hartford.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You have seen Lettuce do JGB? That's really the only one about which I am curious.
yup.

It was fine ( lockn 2018) but it didn’t blow me away. Too many sit ins.

Reaction Score
The newly opened Norwalk Art Space has free outdoor jazz from 11-1 on Sundays.

Stopped by there today to a great set from an alto/upright/electric guitar/drum quartet. Their food is incredible too: ordered brunch and watched the music from their outdoor seating, beautiful day for outdoor music, especially after four days of just awful weather.

Reaction Score
We just did Alpharetta then Hershey then AC for Phish. Hershey is a great venue. I love the walk way between pavs and lawn at Alpha for dancing. AC was head and shoulders better than Camden, but you still had that Jersey, go yourself vibe. All that said. I'm stoked for TAB at Westville. That's the best venue for shows I know.

Reaction Score
Although not in Connecticut the Warwick Valley Winery in New York state is a fantastic outdoor venue with reasonable ticket prices, great live music, and great food and drink. I went to a Deadfest there this past Saturday and tickets were $12 to see four bands, two of whom were exceptional. Those bands were called Wig Jam and the Englishtown Project.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Those bands were called Wig Jam and the Englishtown Project.
Never heard of them but I totally believe you. I've seen a ton of great music this summer from bands I've never heard of before. A lot of talented musicians around.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Saw Darius Rucker at Simsbury Performing Arts last night. First time there, very cool venue and what looked to be a decent crowd (5k?) even in the drizzle. I'm just a layperson who likes live music but he and his band sure looked and sounded good to me, anyone else there? Mostly his solo country stuff but sprinkled in a few Hootie hits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom