OT - CT HS Football | The Boneyard

OT - CT HS Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I made it my business to catch at least one Ansonia game a year over the last 3 with Arkeel so now that he's gone I really don't need to see them again. Except for the fact that we have a bye week coming up and my local team is traveling that weekend. Well Ansonia happens to be headed to Newtown and since they both have a chance to be 5 - 0 (should Newtown survive a tough Bethel squad the week before) it looks like they may be back on the calendar for an interesting small school / large school matchup. Yes it's just the SWC but this could be a pretty good test for the perennial state contenders. Should Bethel beat Newtown, Seymour here I come.

Reaction Score
How does Ansonia compete like they do as a small school and do it year after year? I presume they recruit kids and their parents to town?

Reaction Score
Hoophound said:
How does Ansonia compete like they do as a small school and do it year after year? I presume they recruit kids and their parents to town?

You would be correct.

Reaction Score
Elsewhere down on the farm: #1 Southington beats Simsbury 42-7 . The Knights have scored over 40 points in each of their 3 games.
QB Jasen Rose completed 19 of 22 passes for 203 yards & 2 tds. He seems fully recovered from the shoulder injury suffered in the season opener.

Reaction Score
They have been so good for so long that they really have the culture established-any good athlete from there plays football. They don't lose a single helpful athlete to soccer or have any studs who only play basketball. ....that is a huge factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom