CT High School football college commits (CT Gametime) | The Boneyard

CT High School football college commits (CT Gametime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rumor out there that Zach Allen is flipping from Northwestern to BC...

Reaction Score
Rumor out there that Zach Allen is flipping from Northwestern to BC...

@SWiltfong247: Couple schools were expecting Zach Allen to visit this weekend but the New Canaan (CT) DE commits to #BostonCollege: http://post original url/Cr27o6Nkb7

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Ugh - Addazio flips him but Bob doesn't.

Sorry but this is a loss for BD. He was flippable but we couldn't do it.

Reaction Score

If the kid doesn't want to come here, for whatever reason conference, academics, too close, or thinks he's too good for UConn, what the hell are you gonna do? Sucks for sure but he went from playing in Big 10, to ACC, I'm sure Bob D, tried, but all things aren't equal at the moment. Besides, he coulda walk on ;)

Reaction Score

Yeah - there is no difference between AAC and ACC/B1G. It's a lose for Northwestern... Not blaming the Coach.

Geez - who was his HS Coach? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bonehead

Reaction Score
If the kid doesn't want to come here, for whatever reason conference, academics, too close, or thinks he's too good for UConn, what the hell are you gonna do? Sucks for sure but he went from playing in Big 10, to ACC, I'm sure Bob D, tried, but all things aren't equal at the moment. Besides, he coulda walk on ;)
You are correct he could walk on - Bob d tried is only an assumption. And until he makes a statement about why he changed we know nothing. If he comes out and says academics, conference, sure. He comes out and says BC showed a lot of love and care and really wouldn't let me say no, then that would be something else.

Reaction Score
You are correct he could walk on - Bob d tried is only an assumption. And until he makes a statement about why he changed we know nothing. If he comes out and says academics, conference, sure. He comes out and says BC showed a lot of love and care and really wouldn't let me say no, then that would be something else.
So you want to assume Diaco didn't "show love" and bash him even though you say "until he makes a statement we know nothing". Isn't that also an assumption that no love was shown?

Look there are going to be some kids like Murhphy that absolutely love these coaches and turn down P5 offers to come here. They will be far and few in between, though I'm more hopeful that our commitment to cost of attendance will help us pluck difference makers from other G5 schools. When we were in the Big East and winning Edsall couldn't get kids with multiple offers to come here, why now in a much lesser conference from a BCS/P5 perspective, are we even mildly disappointed that kids are going that route over picking us?

I'm not even bothered by kids with no other offers. Ryan Griffin, Scott Lutrus, Sio Moore and others say hello. Offers or not, I'll take guys who played like those guys when they got on the field over Dwayne Difton types with tons of offers but once they hit the field they leave you less than impressed.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
So you want to assume Diaco didn't "show love" and bash him even though you say "until he makes a statement we know nothing".
Look there are going to be some kids like Murhphy that absolutely love these coaches and turn down P5 offers to come here. They will be far and few in between, though I'm more hopeful that our commitment to cost of attendance will help us pluck difference makers from other G5 schools. When we were in the Big East and winning Edsall couldn't get kids with multiple offers to come here, why now in a much lesser conference from a BCS/P5 perspective, are we even mildly disappointed that kids are going that route over picking us?

I'm not even bothered by kids with no other offers. Ryan Griffin, Scott Lutrus, Sio Moore and others say hello. Offers or not, I'll take guys who played like those guys when they got on the field over Dwayne Difton types with tons of offers but once they hit the field they leave you less than impressed.

Reread please.

No. Not assuming anything - you made an assumption. Kid was absolutely flippable and UConn couldn't flip him. The amount of effort neither of us has an idea.

I didn't bash him - if you find that bashing I suggest sitting in sun during stony brook games more often in an effort to toughen skin.

Reaction Score

Its no loss for Diaco. He was never going to uconn. This has been in the works for a long time and is a direct result of Northwestern's recruiting philosophy. They pressured him and Joe Gaziano (from Massachusetts) to commit or they would lose their offers. They commited early for safety. Marinelli was quoted as saying he knew Allen would end up at BC the whole time.

Reaction Score

There will be no New Canaan kids putting on a UCONN football jersey in the near to distant future! it won't matter if we are in the ACC, B1G, or even the SEC...never mind the AAC! Add to that kids from Staples in Westport and ANY other CT high school that has a Pasqualoni/DeLeone disciple as head coach! Lou Marinelli has made it perfectly clear how he feels about UCONN, and that's fine...but I can DEFINITELY tell you this...when Bob Diaco was the DC at ND Lou Marinelli had him on speed dial and kissed his a** BIG TIME! It's all about UCONN football and how Pasqualoni/Deleone were fired in season..."not given a fair chance to succeed"....these guys need to get over themselves. They don't run a program like Don Bosco or Bergen Catholic...never mind like St Thomad Aquinas in Ft lauderdale Fla. Marinelli may think his program is on par with Greg Toal's at Bosco...but he can't even shine Toal's shoes. Funny thing about guys like Marinelli....they railed a guy like Jack Cochran (these guys can't hold Jack's jock as coaches)...who by the way has turned out more P-5, D-1 scholarship players than those a**holes combined...yet have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM pushing the "Cochran Rule" to the limit on the scoreboard! Lou Marinelli and Marce Petroccio work as coaches at high schools where kids are supported by their families and have a endless supply of money to support them. Coaches like Brockett at a school like Ansonia had and have to fight for every little thing. I think Mark Ecke is a better coach than Marinelli and Petroccio for what he is doing in Danbury.
End of rant.
What I was basically trying to say...as long as guys Lou Marinelli or Marce Petroccio are coaching in CT high schools their guys won't be going to UCONN plain and simple. The fact that a former Ct HS coaching peer and Pasqualoni/DeLeone disciple in Steve Addazio is coaching at BC means they will funnel their kids there plain and simple!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its no loss for Diaco. He was never going to uconn. This has been in the works for a long time and is a direct result of Northwestern's recruiting philosophy. They pressured him and Joe Gaziano (from Massachusetts) to commit or they would lose their offers. They commited early for safety. Marinelli was quoted as saying he knew Allen would end up at BC the whole time.
Yeah of course he was ending up at BC...one of his buddy's protege's is the head coach there! Zach Allen wasn't going to UCONN no matter what conference they played in! There will not be 1 New Canaan kid who will put on a UCONN jersey if Lou Marinelli has anything to do with it. That he has made perfectly clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom