OT: Crystal Started For Lynx Last Night | The Boneyard

OT: Crystal Started For Lynx Last Night

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
9 points 3 assists in a close win over Chicago. I don't know if you can see this article about the game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
9 points 3 assists in a close win over Chicago. I don't know if you can see this article about the game.

Reeve recognizes Crystal’s abilities and value. She has stated on the record that she likes UConn players. She said they’re “plug n play". They come from a structured and disciplined "read and react" system and learn quickly. They're use to winning and being successful. She knows what Geno has taught them, and likes their pedigree. She's not the only WNBA coach that like UConn players.

I don’t think Collier had to twist her arm very much to convince her to draft her. We watched Crystal grow and develop for 4 years. Did we expect anything else? :eek:

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reeve recognizes Crystal’s abilities and value. She has stated on the record that she likes UConn players. She said they’re “plug n play. They come from a structured and disciplined culture that is use to winning and being successful.

I don’t think Collier had to twist her arm very much to convince her to draft her. We watched Crystal grow and develop for 4 years. Did we expect anything else? :eek:

Reeve said after Crystal's first game that her performance was no surprise - that UConn players are prepared and confident.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1596208245971.png

Just for fun. Yeah, that's Sloot she's guarding.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Crystal has done reasonably well but has a tough road to go. Her shooting needs to improve but on the bright side, her misses are generally on line (but short) and she can find shots so that is positive.

Right now, realistically she is a sub who can be counted on to be steady and possibly provide a spark if the team needs it.

Not too many 5' 5'' players make it into the WNBA and especially as a substantial starter. The only one I can think of is Leilani Mitchell so it is possible but it will require steady improvement and especially she needs to leave the think mode and enter the react mode. In her favor, Pheesa should allow her to do a lot of 2 man action.

Reaction Score
Crystal has done reasonably well but has a tough road to go. Her shooting needs to improve but on the bright side, her misses are generally on line (but short) and she can find shots so that is positive.

Right now, realistically she is a sub who can be counted on to be steady and possibly provide a spark if the team needs it.

Not too many 5' 5'' players make it into the WNBA and especially as a substantial starter. The only one I can think of is Leilani Mitchell so it is possible but it will require steady improvement and especially she needs to leave the think mode and enter the react mode. In her favor, Pheesa should allow her to do a lot of 2 man action.

Ivory Latta also had a pretty long and productive career.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

This is Mitchell's 12th year in the league. She’s still going strong at 35 (6-15-85). Head coach & GM Mike Thibault said that he was glad free agent Mitchell was available this year, he likes her. She's his starting pg. If she can do it, so can Crystal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She's too small to be an impact player. A mismatch & liability on defense.. If she cant shoot well, I dont see how she can make it in this league. She can make more money & have a better chance overseas. Good luck to her.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She's too small to be an impact player. A mismatch & liability on defense.. If she cant shoot well, I dont see how she can make it in this league. She can make more money & have a better chance overseas. Good luck to her.
If Mitchell and Latta were not too small, why is Dangerfield? If she is talented enough she will make it.

Reaction Score

I think Ivory Latta & Temeka Johnson were around the 5’2-5’5 range and they had pretty good careers, especially Latta.

Reaction Score
I think Ivory Latta & Temeka Johnson were around the 5’2-5’5 range and they had pretty good careers, especially Latta.
Besides that crystal is more athletic then both of them including L. Mitchell

Reaction Score
She impact the first game if you saw in a come back win and a pretty solid game last night while being named the starter in just her 3rd game say a lot bout her future. But this girl IQ for the game is what will keep her in the W for quite some time

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
On a good team, and the Lynx are a good team, Crystal will shine. Opposing teams will certainly try to back her down on defense, but Crystal brings such tremendous quickness, strength, ability and floor awareness that she will be a factor in the W for many years to come.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Crystal was under control. Her 3-pointer was off, but her FT shooting was good.

She got the start because Lexie Brown was in concussion protocol. Keep it going, Crystal!

Reaction Score
Was a lot of fun watching Danger compete. So many Huskies across the league. Its great seeing everyone.

And it was great to see MoJeff back in action again. She had a play we can all envision -- she grabbed a rebound underneath - put the ball on the floor ran by everyone then got cheap-shotted by Zahui just as she was about to hit the layup.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Cheryl talks CD and UConn players

That other, earlier UConn player was ready to play as well. I think her name was Maya or something like that. (Check out her arms in that photo!)

1596336865600.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The top rookie scorers by ppg:

1. Sabrina 18.3
2. Satou 15.3
2. Chennedy 15.3
4. Jazmine 14.0
5. Crystal 9.0
5. Ty 9.0

She's also tied for 5th in assists with Te'a (2.0 apg).

As a reminder, she was the #16 pick.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reeve delivered an interesting thought in that post game snippet about Crystal. She says (paraphrase) "I don't know if these girls know it but Geno trains them for this." She's not talking the WNBA game, but the head and the body of an unrelenting competitor.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The Lynx are 2-0 with Crystal as the starting point guard. I’d say she’s doing pretty well. She played really well yesterday, didn’t look like a rookie at all.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Reeve delivered an interesting thought in that post game snippet about Crystal. She says (paraphrase) "I don't know if these girls know it but Geno trains them for this." She's not talking the WNBA game, but the head and the body of an unrelenting competitor.

She said the same thing early last season regarding Napheesa.

Reaction Score
Forget the size. Just watch her perform against the veterans in the league. She is simply a Play-a’!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She is not going to average as much as some rookies because she does not shoot as often and is not yet needed to be a high volume shooter. Also, when Lexi comes back Dangerfield may not play as much. She has taken advantage of her opportunity and ran with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom