Crystal Has An Injury | The Boneyard

Crystal Has An Injury

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I thought "you guys" were on top of this!

"Dangerfield left the game early in the fourth quarter after appearing to injure her ankle after attempting a jumper. The U.S. has a day off before facing France in the quarterfinals giving Dangerfield time to recover. Dangerfield will continue to get treatment on her ankle and no decision has been made on her availability for the remainder of the tournament."

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

"Dangerfield left the game early in the fourth quarter after appearing to injure her ankle after attempting a jumper. The U.S. has a day off before facing France in the quarterfinals giving Dangerfield time to recover. Dangerfield will continue to get treatment on her ankle and no decision has been made on her availability for the remainder of the tournament."

Thanks Rocky. This is not the kind of news we like to hear. She has been playing relatively well up to this point. Let's all hope it's not serious, or one that reduces her to a cheerleader the remainder of the games.

Reaction Score

CRAP~

Reaction Score

I take back my CRAp----this was before USA played France. Crystal Dangerfield is OK

The STORY was about Kia and those on the Canadian Olympic team--Go KIA!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I take back my CRAp----this was before USA played France. Crystal Dangerfield is OK

You need to scroll down a bit further to the story about Crystal. She is really hurt.

"Dangerfield left the game (USA Vs. Puerto Rico on Wednesday 7/26/17) early in the fourth quarter after appearing to injure her ankle after attempting a jumper. The U.S. has a day off before facing France in the quarterfinals giving Dangerfield time to recover. Dangerfield will continue to get treatment on her ankle and no decision has been made on her availability for the remainder of the tournament."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Don't ever change Broadway ... whenever things get dull, you come to the rescue....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This team certainly needs the leadership of Dangerfield. I hope it's nothing serious and she can return in time to lead this team to Gold.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Always hold my breathe when someone says an ankle injury. It could be a simple sprain or the more dreaded high ankle sprain. Not good news at all.

Reaction Score
turning an ankle--even a sprain that can take a month or two to heal--in July is not exactly a tragedy. Everyone gets injured and learning to deal with it and learning about your body is part of the game.

Most people believe (I certainly do) that the only thing that can stop UConn from having a historic monster year is injuries. Having a few now--even if it's not while playing on the team--is a good way to learn about your own healing power, how well you can play with pain if necessary, etc.

With a team so deep as UConn's, it is next person up. There are plenty of folks ready to get more playing time while Crystal--or anyone--is recovering.

Reaction Score
Hopefully they keep her out of anymore games. These ankle injuries linger. No need for her to play anymore .

Carnac

Reaction Score
Hopefully they keep her out of anymore games. These ankle injuries linger. No need for her to play anymore .

I agree. UConn's first game of their 4 game exhibition Italy tour is in 17 days. Rest, and professional treatment (UConn medical staff/trainers) is what she needs now. She had a good run. Err on the side of caution. Shut her down now to prevent further injury, and allow her time to heal completely, and be 100% for the tour games.

Reaction Score
You need to scroll down a bit further to the story about Crystal. She is really hurt.

"Dangerfield left the game (USA Vs. Puerto Rico on Wednesday 7/26/17) early in the fourth quarter after appearing to injure her ankle after attempting a jumper. The U.S. has a day off before facing France in the quarterfinals giving Dangerfield time to recover. Dangerfield will continue to get treatment on her ankle and no decision has been made on her availability for the remainder of the tournament."
Coco--I read that-
Hep me out here---!!
If she is hurt--O' Crap. How bad, I guess it's to be determined.
I guess I just couldn't believe she --will start the year in that fashion---rolled ankles, from experience, tend to create weaker ankles that roll easier--and that turns into bigger problems.

Reaction Score

I guess I didn't take the next down paragraph as seriously as other--it seems to offer a possibility she may return:
Dangerfield left the game and her availability for Friday’s quarterfinals against France may not be known until Friday.

If Dangerfield can continue, she has a chance at the U.S. U19 records for assists in a tournament. Ariel Massengale had 39 in 2011 and Alexis Jones matched that total in 2013. Jones has the career record for the U.S. with 45 assists, four more than Dangerfield has recorded in the 2015 and 2017 tournaments.

Reaction Score
Don't ever change Broadway ... whenever things get dull, you come to the rescue....:rolleyes:

In third grade reading ---Maybe--meant possibly, could be--never had a guarantee to it.
Or was the comment to encourage Kia you disagree with.

Reaction Score
Always hold my breathe when someone says an ankle injury. It could be a simple sprain or the more dreaded high ankle sprain. Not good news at all.
The USA site with Post PR game interviews --no comment from players or coach. on DANGERFIELD.
That could be good or bad--my take is it's good--the coach knows how much Danger means to them.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Crystal started and played most of the half.

Reaction Score
turning an ankle--even a sprain that can take a month or two to heal--in July is not exactly a tragedy. Everyone gets injured and learning to deal with it and learning about your body is part of the game.

Most people believe (I certainly do) that the only thing that can stop UConn from having a historic monster year is injuries. Having a few now--even if it's not while playing on the team--is a good way to learn about your own healing power, how well you can play with pain if necessary, etc.

With a team so deep as UConn's, it is next person up. There are plenty of folks ready to get more playing time while Crystal--or anyone--is recovering.

Rolled ankles happen often in BB--if you roll it too often--that weakens the ankle for more injurie
I agree injuries may be an issue --but with 13 on the roster--8 players with good level of post year experience--a top 2 or more Freshmen, even with defensive flaws, can be very helpful--unlike last year and a couple before--where if Stewie or Tuck or Moriah went down or Collier, KLS, Gabby went down--the season was effectively over.
This Season's team has personnel, and options--Batouly, Stevens, Kayla, Molly, Napheesa, KLS, Gabby, Kia, Danger--all with some or a lot of Div 1 experience---some expect Gordon, Walker, AEH to be injected into the line up more quickly than Molly/Kyla/Danger.

Carnac

Reaction Score
The game is over. Dangerous played most of the game. Didn't appear to favor the ankle, or suffer from any ill effects. THAT is the best news of the day for UConn fans.

Reaction Score

Watched the replay of the France Second Quarter---Danger looked "out of it" mentally and physically, made a couple of neat passes, a bad one, and her defense looked like she lost all she knew in the previous games--her injury apparently is causing (probably) pain and mental issues (thinking more pain than game)-- I think the coach saw that too and pulled her--only a guess --lost my MD license last fall for driving too fast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom