crowd tonight | The Boneyard

crowd tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Could be a weak (er than usual) crowd tonight. Supposed to be 5-8" of snow tonight, which means everyone down here in NC is preparing for a death storm (bread and milk are going fast)

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Could be a weak (er than usual) crowd tonight. Supposed to be 5-8" of snow tonight, which means everyone down here in NC is preparing for a death storm (bread and milk are going fast)
I lived in Northern Virgina for 4+ years. A 5-8 inch snowfall would cripple that area for multiple days (which as a New Englander I found quite sad). I can only imagine it gets exponentially worse the further south you travel.

Reaction Score
There's some angry Italian guy on YouTube who does 5 minute funny videos.
One of them is him ranting about why everybody is buying bread and milk:
"What the he11 are they doing with them? They makin' French toast?"

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I lived in Northern Virgina for 4+ years. A 5-8 inch snowfall would cripple that area for multiple days (which as a New Englander I found quite sad). I can only imagine it gets exponentially worse the further south you travel.

One of my sons used to live in Blacksburg. We were visiting maybe five years ago or so when they were hit by a major storm, one that was even worse in the D.C. area. Part of Blacksburg has streets under county control. some under city control. My son's place was in the county area. We were trapped there for two days. In the meantime, the Blacksburg school district goes by county rules, meaning school closings go by the county decision. Even though the Blacksburg streets were all passable after two days, the schools were shut for NINE days because the county was having major issues with snow removal. We often flew in for the visit, but that time we drove. What I remember so well that is I81 in VA. MD. and PA were fine - we left after the second day - but the very short stretch of the road that goes through WV, was still hellacious, with trucks and cars off the road all over the stretch starting literally within yards of the borders. Scary ride. I actually called their governor's office the next day to complain. It's not like they never get snow in the WV mountains.

My son, BTW, now lives just south of Syracuse, where they know very well how to remove snow. I preferred Blacksburg, even though Syracuse has some pretty good restaurants and is a lot closer to CT.

Reaction Score

This. It's like people down here in Northern Virginia have never even heard of snow, nor do they know how to properly remove it. I've seen them using a backhoe on a major state road one time last winter during rush hour. Absolutely terrible.

Reaction Score
Down here in the Charlotte area we may get 1 good snow (4+") per year or every other year. Doesn't make sense to buy all the equipment for snow removal when you could go 3 years without getting anything decent. They also do not sand the roads like they do in CT and never plow the back roads. 95% of the time the snow will melt on the roads by the afternoon. I have only had to shovel out my driveway once in 10 years living here, we had 10" snow storm last winter.

Reaction Score
NC_Uconn_Fan said:
Down here in the Charlotte area we may get 1 good snow (4+") per year or every other year. Doesn't make sense to buy all the equipment for snow removal when you could go 3 years without getting anything decent. They also do not sand the roads like they do in CT and never plow the back roads. 95% of the time the snow will melt on the roads by the afternoon. I have only had to shovel out my driveway once in 10 years living here, we had 10" snow storm last winter.

I was in Charlotte for a 4-5" snowfall once and the roads were completely empty the following morning. I was driving a Volvo with radials around town with no issues at all, yet nobody else was on the road. It was really frustrating because i needed coffee and no one was the open. I can't survive past 9am without coffee, so I must have found it somewhere.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Here just north of Atlanta, we are on Day 2 of no school and yesterday my office sent notice that it would be closed today. We got a half inch overnight Monday. Here is a picture I just snapped outside my front door. If you look closely, you can see a snowman just left of my neighbor's house made yesterday morning.

20150225_135433.jpg

To be fair, we have a storm coming in but that isn't due to start until about 4PM. We might get up to 4 inches.

Reaction Score
AtlHusky said:
Here just north of Atlanta, we are on Day 2 of no school and yesterday my office sent notice that it would be closed today. We got a half inch overnight Monday. Here is a picture I just snapped outside my front door. If you look closely, you can see a snowman just left of my neighbor's house made yesterday morning. To be fair, we have a storm coming in but that isn't due to start until about 4PM. We might get up to 4 inches.

It appears every flake of snow in Atlanta was used to make that snowman.

Reaction Score
A lot of tickets were sold for the game, probably 7,500 out of 8,000. I bought 3 I have to eat because of the aforementioned snow issues not being conducive to a 250+ mile drive. As the Houston game showed, the size of the crowd really doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom