OT: - Cronin holding tryouts to see which players go to Memphis with the team | The Boneyard

OT: Cronin holding tryouts to see which players go to Memphis with the team

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Cronin: 'We'll have tryouts tomorrow'

"Following the University of Cincinnati's men's basketball 85-69 loss to the University of Houston Sunday afternoon, UC head coach Mick Cronin said his team will have a tryout tomorrow to find out who will be going to the upcoming American Athletic Conference tournament in Memphis this coming week."

Interesting approach.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Same guy who said he’d not put anyone involved in the Xavier brawl back on the court in a Cincinnati uniform. They must have been wearing Bearcat uniforms when they came back.

Reaction Score
Maybe he's thinking he needs a preemptive strike to get them ready for the post season, especially in view of their history.

They have a nice record but didn't dominate anyone of note, plus they ended the year squeaking out wins over UConn, SMU and Memphis followed by a two game losing streak. This might be his version of Calhoun's infamous late night practices upon returning home from a brutal loss.

Reaction Score
He gets them to play hard for sure. But this is dumb. Having your most difficult and physically exhausting practices at the end of the year right before playoff time is never a great idea. Not to mention his whole team knows he is not leaving anyone home who is an impact player. And if you aren't an impact player obviously you are going to put in the effort during this "tryout" but that doesn't mean its going to carry over or break a bad habit at this point in the year. All it is asking for is an injury because someone thinks the loose ball already out of bounds is his ticket to memphis and he will dive into Cumberlands ankle to get it. It's not like guys aren't going to play their hardest come tourney time. Don't get it.

Reaction Score
He gets them to play hard for sure. But this is dumb. Having your most difficult and physically exhausting practices at the end of the year right before playoff time is never a great idea. Not to mention his whole team knows he is not leaving anyone home who is an impact player. And if you aren't an impact player obviously you are going to put in the effort during this "tryout" but that doesn't mean its going to carry over or break a bad habit at this point in the year. All it is asking for is an injury because someone thinks the loose ball already out of bounds is his ticket to memphis and he will dive into Cumberlands ankle to get it. It's not like guys aren't going to play their hardest come tourney time. Don't get it.

He’s just wearing them out so they can crash and burn in the 1st weekend of the tournament as usual.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I guess the munchkin just can't understand that Houston is a better team in nearly every position and the 4 that come off the bench are almost as good
Against teams like that you are going to lose from time to time and look bad
At this time of year, especially in the light of their past post season flat tires, I don't think this is the best approach - it might light up a few of the reserves but don't know what it will do to the first 7 players. But he knows his players better than me so who knows - it might work
I saw most of the game yesterday and in the 2nd half I think all but a handful of teams could not have weathered the Houston fury and execution

Reaction Score
You guys act like Calhoun wasn't tough/borderline crazy with his players too. Gotta put some fire in the kids.

He was but totally different ways of viewing. I think JC was crazed, commanding you listen but respectful I think Mick looks like he's more of a wave your hand at a kid like "you suck get away from me"... you know it's simple one guys teams got a lot better in Feb-March-April the other guy not so much. Micks just not commanding much with his ways.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
hate him. hate him. hate him. hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.

Reaction Score
hate him. hate him. hate him. hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.hate him. hate him. hate him.

Tell us what you really think kobe I'm confused.:cool:

Last edited:

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
If you have no intention to follow through with a threat why even bother?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Around 13 too many there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom