Crocker sees better days ahead for UConn football defense (G. Keefe @ The Day) | The Boneyard

Crocker sees better days ahead for UConn football defense (G. Keefe @ The Day)

Reaction Score
I'm not sure where else they can go but up. There's no DC in the country that's going to come here and fix this. So maybe just maybe Crocker with a couple recruiting classes into his system can correct the ship. Or maybe well just see DBs not turning around, arm tackling poorly, being consistently overmatched and outplayed

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, at least he knows the LB's are not FBS quality.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It can't get worse but wondering if the defense of the future isn't the 4-2-5

Reaction Score
I'm not sure where else they can go but up. There's no DC in the country that's going to come here and fix this. So maybe just maybe Crocker with a couple recruiting classes into his system can correct the ship. Or maybe well just see DBs not turning around, arm tackling poorly, being consistently overmatched and outplayed
This seasons defense in a nutshell.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That’s good to see. Didn’t think we’d be keeping him

He's almost guaranteed to start next season and get as much burn as he can take. From my perspective, why not still come?

With him and with Kevon Jones and Hahn and others getting another year of growth, I'm hoping that unit takes big strides next year. If it does, we'll see a much better defense than we saw this year...

Reaction Score
Starting 9 Fr or So on D sealed the fate early on. Couple good recruits with added experience looks like the plan. Time will tell if it was the right one or not.

Reaction Score
He's almost guaranteed to start next season and get as much burn as he can take. From my perspective, why not still come?

With him and with Kevon Jones and Hahn and others getting another year of growth, I'm hoping that unit takes big strides next year. If it does, we'll see a much better defense than we saw this year...

I appreciate the effort but If Hahn gets any time next year other than in specials, this defense won’t be much improved.

Harris needs to come here and Kevon Jones needs to drop 15 pounds and get his academics in order. I think those two will bring aggressiveness and attitude that is sorely lacking.

I am confident the D Line continues to improve as they have all season.

Reaction Score
He should just not come out for the second half. Heck, we give up 50+ points a game with him coaching. Maybe the kids can do better by themselves. Save the expense - let the kids coach themselves!

C

Chief00

A coach in total denial trying to catch a life boat from his hometown newspaper. Per Crocker, it would have been even worse than the worse defense in college football history if he didn’t do what he did and his superiors at UConn know that. Crocker doesn’t care what the fans think.

Reaction Score
By all accounts Crocker has a reputation as a really good guy...I’m sure they are all accurate. He had great success at Nova and took the jump to come to UConn. It didn’t work and how he is still gainfully employed as DC by UConn is beyond me. If he isn’t gone soon (with in the next week)...then it’s safe to say he will be back. If that’s the case I’ll be sure to include a nice nastygram to DB when my renewal check for our tickets next season is written.

Reaction Score
It'll go unnoticed.
Yeah it's going to be someone else's problem to deal with. The reality is that if Hurley is the real deal, Benedict gets an A+ regardless of what else happens (outside of some random scandal)

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Yeah it's going to be someone else's problem to deal with. The reality is that if Hurley is the real deal, Benedict gets an A+ regardless of what else happens (outside of some random scandal)

This is what matters to people of CT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom