Crisis of confidence | The Boneyard

Crisis of confidence

Reaction Score
I would be 100% behind this team and this program if they were losing these games yet still playing with the heart, grit, audacity, and poise that is trademark UConn ball. If they were correcting their mistakes and eradicating sloppiness. If they played relentless Defense. If they left everything on the court each and every game. If only the freshmen made freshmen mistakes. If they got up and came back every time they got punched in the face.

None of these things require talent and I would happily watch and cheer every single game through a losing season if this was the case.

Sadly, I don't see any of those things anymore. And they have been slowly receding for a long time now.

At the end of the day, it's just not fun to watch, even when they win.

Whatever toxicity is plaguing the program right now, it has caused a massive crisis of confidence and mental strength in this team. And all the talent in the world won't fix it.

I really hope we can somehow get back there one day.

Reaction Score
I would be 100% behind this team and this program if they were losing these games yet still playing with the heart, grit, audacity, and poise that is trademark UConn ball. If they were correcting their mistakes and eradicating sloppiness. If they played relentless Defense. If they left everything on the court each and every game. If only the freshmen made freshmen mistakes. If they got up and came back every time they got punched in the face.

None of these things require talent and I would happily watch and cheer every single game through a losing season if this was the case.

Sadly, I don't see any of those things anymore. And they have been slowly receding for a long time now.

Whatever toxicity is plaguing the program right now, it has caused a massive crisis of confidence and mental strength in this team. And all the talent in the world won't fix it.

Exactly. Thank you!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

This is why football was watchable this season.

Reaction Score
Confidence is the key word here and I mentioned it in a previous post. The lack of it affects every aspect of our game including making mediocre shooters downright horrible. To me it has to come from confusion and an inability to run smooth, productive, goal oriented practices with some sense of cohesion. I suspect the practices are not very fun and a lot of time is spent breaking down mistakes, but the specific solutions are either unclear or not getting buy-in.. Secondly you have to break out of the grind occasionally even if it may seem less productive just to build confidence. It's just a hunch and my .02.

That game last night had to be frustrating for everyone with all the crazy calls killing the game but the confidence issue, to me seems to be a recurring theme. If KO can't instill it someone on the team needs to step up and do it. It appears Ollie is lost without that guy.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Someone please put the 1959 Jonathan head on Jimmy Carter

cc: @Penfield

IMG_0502.JPG

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads