Cricket | The Boneyard

Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nobody here probably gives a crap, but the West Indies just beat Britain in the World T20 Final with the baseball equivalent of back-to-back-to-back-to-back HRs in the bottom of the 9th. The difference being it was all one guy doing the damage.

West Indies win cricket World Twenty20 final

Reaction Score
Nobody here probably gives a crap, but the West Indies just beat Britain in the World T20 Final with the baseball equivalent of back-to-back-to-back-to-back HRs in the bottom of the 9th. The difference being it was all one guy doing the damage.

West Indies win cricket World Twenty20 final

I've been following it in Afghanistan. I think I actually understand the rules now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's a surprisingly fun game to play. I was taught by a So. African family who moved here and organized pick-up games with some Brits, Indians & Pakistanis. Because I used to pitch (Stamford branch!) I was usually a bowler and could throw a googly. Blew out an ACL fielding the equivalent of a sharp grounder back to the box and that ended my career, lol.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know next to nothing about cricket, but it's very entertaining once you get a loose handle on what's going on.

Australian Rules Football is another sport that generally sucks me in when I'm channel surfing the high-altitude sports channels on the dial.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I learned it fairly quickly I was in India in 2003 when India toured Pakistan for the first time in 15 years. The whole country shut down for like over a week and this was just for test matches. I didnt have to do a lick of work that week.

Reaction Score
I learned it fairly quickly I was in India in 2003 when India toured Pakistan for the first time in 15 years. The whole country shut down for like over a week and this was just for test matches. I didnt have to do a lick of work that week.

Yeah, after the first game Afghanistan won in T20 my linguist called me and he was like "If you hear gunfire, no worry. It's just celebration."

I started watching after that, and it's pretty fun. All of the Tajiks here that I talk to were irritated because they think there is a Pashtun conspiracy to keep them off the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom