Creighton | The Boneyard

Creighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm watching the replay of Creighton v Kansas. Everything you'd want an NC game to be.

Have to admit I don't know a ton about Creighton even thought they're ranked #8, but watching this game, they are balanced as far as scoring, show great ball movement and spacing awareness, they get back on defense quickly, they collapse around the ball as well as any team I've seen lately, they're quick and they're smart. They will be a handful if/when we get around to playing them (12/20 barring more covid).

The one thing they do not appear to be is deep, so I'm hoping our depth can wear down their starting five.

Reaction Score
I'm watching the replay of Creighton v Kansas. Everything you'd want an NC game to be.

Have to admit I don't know a ton about Creighton even thought they're ranked #8, but watching this game, they are balanced as far as scoring, show great ball movement and spacing awareness, they get back on defense quickly, they collapse around the ball as well as any team I've seen lately, they're quick and they're smart. They will be a handful if/when we get around to playing them (12/20 barring more covid).

The one thing they do not appear to be is deep, so I'm hoping our depth can wear down their starting five.
They really played poorly last night.

Reaction Score
Anyone who though the Big East would be a pretty tough conference is wrong.

The Big East is a very tough conference that features experienced coaches.

Any Big East team that is not prepared to play will be beaten.

Reaction Score
Anyone who though the Big East would be a pretty tough conference is wrong.

The Big East is a very tough conference that features experienced coaches.

Any Big East team that is not prepared to play will be beaten.
PC fan here and I couldn't agree with you more! When the BE games start it's just different level of toughness and grit...One of the things that stands out for the teams that do well is they avoid injury or are deep enough to absorb when players get injured, because bodies will be flying around with intensity...

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I watched the whole game. We couldn’t beat either team right now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I watched the whole game. We couldn’t beat either team right now.

Well, duh. UConn can't even field a full team for practice. Kinda tough to win an actual game.

Reaction Score
I'd say they didn't shoot well, missed a lot of open looks. What I saw was two teams better than anything the American had to offer.

Also, Xavier tonight, 19/32 from three v Oklahoma.

It's gonna be an interesting season.
I was just disappointed in how they played because I know they are better than that. They missed shots they normally make, they were sloppy with the ball, and missed ft's. If they play just their C/C+ game they win.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I had a $96 free bet from draftings and I put it on a parlay with Creighton ML and Rutgers -3.5 spread. Rutgers did the job against the orange and had Creighton played to their potential it would have cashed me $350. Yeah it didn't cost me anything but a free bet, but I'm salty and a little extra motivation to root for the good guys to beat them if we have a chance to play them this year.

This is the third time I've watched Kansas this year and they are a poor offensive team and their defense isn't much better. Creighton should have beat them by 10+.

Reaction Score
Your star player gets an open look to tie & he bricks it. Then he goes to the line and misses the tying free throw. Pretty brutal

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Crieghton gambles a lot on defense. It works out for them, but Kansas' last 3 resulted from a hard hedge by Creighton 5+ feet above the 3 point line that left a shooter wide open because of the next defensive rotation. That move looks brilliant if Creighton gets the steal, but it ended up with a wide open 3.

We have to make them pay on some of those hard hedges or they will eat us alive with steals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104