Creighton Matchups | The Boneyard

Creighton Matchups

Reaction Score
If ever there was an opponent where the coach might consider shaking up the lineup, it’s for tomorrow’s game against Creighton. Their best player is a 7-footer who is a mismatch for most teams. But we have a pretty good 7-footer of our own to match up a against him. Using Clingen to start or even for a lot of minutes off the bench creates other problems however - especially vs a lineup that’s quick and mobile. Thoughts?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hurley was talking about that he needs to find more minutes for Clingan at the Providence post game conf in general, so yes.

Reaction Score
Start clingan, have Adama come off the bench….he would get more minutes

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Start clingan, have Adama come off the bench….he would get more minutes
I am pretty sure Hurley would not do that.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure Hurley would not do that.
Mostly sarcastic…but it would probably be hard to handle him coming off the bench for significant minutes once the other team has been beat up by Donovan a bit….agreed he won’t do it, as he isn’t adjusting much as is. The offense has resembled more of the rougher recent years the last few games way more than I ever want to be reminded of those years…

Reaction Score
Whether it's Sanogo or Clingan getting most minutes, I just hope the adjustments are quick.

They'll shade Kaluma towards Sanogo and dare Andre to shoot. If Andre is making his shots and we're keeping with them or pulling ahead, keep Sanogo in the game

If Andre is missing his shots and Newton/Hawkins can't create offense, bring in Clingan. Creighton won't double Clingan and we can play more normal offense

Assuming Kalkbrenner and Sanogo will be resting at roughly the same time, a Clingan vs. King freshman matchup could be fun to watch. Agility and size for Clingan, brute strength for King

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom