Crazy off season | The Boneyard

Crazy off season

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or does it seem like every day there is some massive development in women's basketball? Off the top of my head, the following events have happened in approximately the past two weeks:
-Karen Aston is let go
-Vic Schaefer announced as new coach at Texas
-Destiny Slocum announces transfer
-Shakira Austin announces transfer
-Zaay Green announces transfer
-Jazmine Massengill announce transfers
-Chennedy Carter declares for WNBA
-Dijonai Carrington announces transfer
-Kierstan Bell announces transfer
-Dara Mabrey announces transfer

All of these players are pretty big names or former top 10 recruits. And just before that the season was canceled, Megan Walker declared for the draft. Crazy off season so far.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget off-season started a month early

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There's always some movement of players and coaches in the off season. Maybe a bit more of the high profile type this year. The whole world has gone crazy in the last month+ with the virus situation. The post season being cancelled and there being uncertainty about when sports will return is a far bigger story than any transfer or coaching change in my mind.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or does it seem like every day there is some massive development in women's basketball? Off the top of my head, the following events have happened in approximately the past two weeks:
-Karen Aston is let go

All of these players are pretty big names or former top 10 recruits. And just before that the season was canceled, Megan Walker declared for the draft. Crazy off season so far.
The Schaefer hire and the Slocum transfer are the only ones I'd describe as shocking. But the transfer phenomenon has gotten to a point where I just expect the unexpected.

Reaction Score
The real truth we are paying more attention to dum stuff like this when we would have been psyched for the games. Semifinals were going to be today. Noone would have been talking about transfers or coach changes.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The real truth we are paying more attention to dum stuff like this when we would have been psyched for the games. Semifinals were going to be today. Noone would have been talking about transfers or coach changes.
The transfers and coaching changes are happening earlier than they otherwise would have. Make no mistake, we would have been discussing them whenever they'd happened.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
-Karen Aston is let go

It's just getting warmed up man. Trust me.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ah oui? More shoes?? :cool: :cool:
1586199849394.png

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This is certainly an interesting off-season with some big coaching changes and more commitment by schools to make WCBB relevant at their school. I am most curious about the "transfer rules" as to be voted on in June. By postponing that vote (logically due to the COVID19) seems to suggest that it would be for 2021-22 season. June vote for ALL athletics (mainly football) would put the NCAA committee in a "case overload situation that given how slow their processes already are, I just don't see them showing that kind of "hustle". It has been noted as would lawsuits instantly arise to force the NCAA to be put on it's backfoot to re-address. We saw the numbers in WCBB, what are the numbers for football and MCBB? Assuming just the minimum amount of checking
Grades in satisfactory condition​
no current or pending school discipline​
no objection from the current school (different than "support" from that school​
Then maybe a committee of people could wade through the data to grant it this year. It's too logical for it to be done as if anything, the NCAA is mostly about itself, not the best interest of the athlete and it does all it can to protect the P5 schools and their coaches first and foremost.

Due to the June vote, I am also curious how many athletes wait to announce a decision as if the eligibility is postponed to 2021-22, they may withdraw their name from the portal but would their current scholarship still be available? Or is that a separate defined status as well? Some coaches may want the player back and some may not. So yes, very crazy off-season and likely not letting up any time soon.
:)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom