Crazy HS coach..... | The Boneyard

Crazy HS coach.....

Reaction Score
Probably should have stuck to counseling kids why Alabama was a bad choice rather than preempting opportunities. But, I'm sure he was acting to protect his kids from what he sees as unethical conduct.

Reaction Score
What I'd like to know is we can find a spot on our coaching staff for Feaster.

Reaction Score
Funny how things work. Saban pulls an offer (or claims it never existed), hs coach complains, and then said hs coach is fired and gets ripped by media and coaches about not giving his kids their best fair shake on potential schools.

REv2 pulls an offer, NJ hs coach complains, and instead of him being fired there are calls for uconn to be boycotted by the entire state, and the media rips REv2 & uconn for being ruthless and shameful recruiters.

The double standards at work are so amazing you can't even make it up.

Reaction Score
Funny how things work. Saban pulls an offer (or claims it never existed), hs coach complains, and then said hs coach is fired and gets ripped by media and coaches about not giving his kids their best fair shake on potential schools.

REv2 pulls an offer, NJ hs coach complains, and instead of him being fired there are calls for uconn to be boycotted by the entire state, and the media rips REv2 & uconn for being ruthless and shameful recruiters.

The double standards at work are so amazing you can't even make it up.

I'd rather these HS coaches stop being incessant little whiners and come to the realization that it's not about them.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I'd rather these HS coaches stop being incessant little whiners and come to the realization that it's not about them.

So when a HS coach says screw off to Alabama because of the way they treated one of his players the HC was making it about himself... gotcha

Reaction Score
So when a HS coach says screw off to Alabama because of the way they treated one of his players the HC was making it about himself... gotcha

Yeah. Pretty much. Who the is the HS coach to limit his kids' opportunities? What kind of takes that big of a decision away from a kid and his family? them.

Reaction Score
The coach could have easily just dropped in on a meeting between a Bama recruiter and one of his kids, and he could have pointedly told the kid, "Watch out what this guy is selling you, because last year they offered Billy Bob Joe Don Harris and then pulled the offer later." Bama would have gotten the point.

What is kind of surprising to me is that this is Louisiana, and aren't the local LSU people crazy and totally unrealistic like this coach? Don't they have his back?

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Yeah. Pretty much. Who the is the HS coach to limit his kids' opportunities? What kind of takes that big of a decision away from a kid and his family? them.

you saw that he has had students go to Alabama right? kids still signed there he just doesn't want them on campus.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
The coach could have easily just dropped in on a meeting between a Bama recruiter and one of his kids, and he could have pointedly told the kid, "Watch out what this guy is selling you, because last year they offered Billy Bob Joe Don Harris and then pulled the offer later." Bama would have gotten the point.

What is kind of surprising to me is that this is Louisiana, and aren't the local LSU people crazy and totally unrealistic like this coach? Don't they have his back?

Contrary to what you might think, Louisiana is not all this backwoods hicks that only care about LSU football to the detriment of kids, but nice generalization. Even LSU fans (admittedly not all of them) think the coach is in the wrong and is overstepping his bounds.

Reaction Score
Contrary to what you might think, Louisiana is not all this backwoods hicks that only care about LSU football to the detriment of kids, but nice generalization. Even LSU fans (admittedly not all of them) think the coach is in the wrong and is overstepping his bounds.

Since I was accused of calling LSU fans backwoods hicks, let me at least take the opportunity here to call them backwoods hicks, knowing you can't criticize me for it, since you already did.

Wow, man, you're the one doing the generalizing.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
You don't think a comment that reads, "and aren't the local LSU people crazy and totally unrealistic like this coach?", is a generalization?

Just saying, the elitism quite apparent.

Reaction Score
You don't think a comment that reads, "and aren't the local LSU people crazy and totally unrealistic like this coach?", is a generalization?

Just saying, the elitism quite apparent.

About football!!!!!

Holy cow

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
you saw that he has had students go to Alabama right? kids still signed there he just doesn't want them on campus.

Which is unfair to his kids. It's none of his damned business really, where these kids go to college.

Reaction Score

You're pretty much the only guy apologizing for this drama queen. Who the is he to keep anyone off the school's campus? What an overblown sense of self importance. The administration agreed. He has no authority to do that and it works against his kids' best interest. So they fired him. Rightfully so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom