CR better hurry before the migration north... | The Boneyard

CR better hurry before the migration north...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sooooo...the human body "breaks down at 95 degrees and 100% humidity"?

Welcome to Tallahassee from june through mid September....

Reaction Score

Tallahasee is intolerable for the human species? I suggest FSU's best players transfer to UConn ASAP.

Reaction Score

Is it that uncomfortable there?I have a friend from the Rochester area who said he loves it there and works in FSUs sports dept!He only comes back now and again to visit and wouldnt live in snowy climes anymore!I lived in SD and LA,Calif and loved it but missed the rain and seasonal changes back east and came back home!My aunt lives in Orlando and wished she never left now that her husband passed but her sons love it there?

Reaction Score
This summer is cooler than most because of the rain every day for the last 26 days....double the monthly average for August.

....the average morning humidity ranges from 91% in June to 95% in August....afternoon humidity at 61%.

Tallahassee averages 92 days over 90 degrees, Tampa averages 87 and Orlando 106...Houston, which is notoriouslt steamy, averages 100.

DC is notorious for being sticky in summer but averages only 29 days at 90+ at Washington Dulles AP.

Our coastal cities are cooler..Apalachicola (80 miles SW of Tallahassee) averages 26 days above 90.

New York La Guardia....15 days of 90+.

Reaction Score
This summer is cooler than most because of the rain every day for the last 26 days....double the monthly average for August.

....the average morning humidity ranges from 91% in June to 95% in August....afternoon humidity at 61%.

Tallahassee averages 92 days over 90 degrees, Tampa averages 87 and Orlando 106...Houston, which is notoriouslt steamy, averages 100.

DC is notorious for being sticky in summer but averages only 29 days at 90+ at Washington Dulles AP.

Our coastal cities are cooler..Apalachicola (80 miles SW of Tallahassee) averages 26 days above 90.

New York La Guardia....15 days of 90+.

I think they were stating a scientific fact. Something that's been measured.

After 6 hours in 95 degree heat and 100% humidity, the body starts to break down.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tallahasee is intolerable for the human species? I suggest FSU's best players transfer to UConn ASAP.
We can't save you all but by god we can save the very best of you!

Reaction Score
I think they were stating a scientific fact. Something that's been measured.

After 6 hours in 95 degree heat and 100% humidity, the body starts to break down.

Yep..and if you are humping a pack and four canteens....it gets downright uncomfortable as it breaks down....even for 18-22 year olds.

I do believe that some are more conditioned to hot weather just as Peruvians are more accustomed to altitude....I grew up in Florida before we had air conditioning (houses or cars). I had never been in air conditioning, other than in some stores, when I entered the Corps. I could handle heat in the way back..Now? nope.

Now, the walk from the mall door to the car in mid july seems pretty hot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As someone who just returned from a vacation in Orlando...I can verify this scientific fact. It beats you up after several hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom