Reaction Score

Geno
Moore, Walz
Barnes, Tara
Carey
Frese
Taylor, Blair
Jose

Think it's Blair or Tara (road games, breaking record), though what Barnes has done at Arizona in just a few years is pretty remarkable.

Reaction Score

Geno
Moore, Walz
Barnes, Tara
Carey
Frese
Taylor, Blair
Jose

Think it's Blair or Tara (road games, breaking record), though what Barnes has done at Arizona in just a few years is pretty remarkable.
I fully understand there is a different set of voters for NCOY than there are for Conference COY...but Taylor was just announced as the SEC COY over Blair... I would think it will be an "up hill battle" for Blair to win NCOY (since his own conference didn't think he was best in the conference)... but of course it's possible. :cool: :D

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
No good reason to diss Geno or Tara or other established coaches, and I don't think Barnes is as good a choice this year as she would have been last year. Not that I wouldn't love her to win it, but I think last year was (absent Covid of course) a better coaching job - but they all had Covid to deal with.

I like Blair, probably Wes Moore and Carey for raising their programs to heights never seen before. And at least as regards A&M and WV, I think a bit unexpected. Many of the others, to a great extent, while they exceeded expectations, I mean, really, who exactly is voting "against" Geno, Tara, Brenda and the like to have their teams positioned at or near the top?

Reaction Score
Glad to see Dawn isn't there. I do think Kellie Harper should have gotten a look though.
Dawn is a great coach but given we were ranked #1 twice and now sit at #7, I think other coaches were more deserving.

Reaction Score
I would also put Kellie on and hear top of the list because she has, with inherited players, rapidly turned around a damaged program that had squandered top talent for years.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Geno
Moore, Walz
Barnes, Tara
Carey
Frese
Taylor, Blair
Jose

I don't think what Barnes has done in previous years should be considered. It's what she did this season or, should be.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
My order would be
1. Blair 2. Tara 3. Geno 4. Frese 5. Moore

Barnes was overhyped coming into the year vs. what she did last year so this years team underachieved by that standard.
The others are just filler as nothing is too notable on their efforts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom