Covid break | The Boneyard

Covid break

Reaction Score
Why is Butler playing today and we are not playing tomorrow? BIG EAST or State of CT ?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Well, both teams are under the jurisdiction of the Big East, so...
Yeah, this is getting close to the "he should red shirt" stuff. UConn's COVID protocols are being driven by whatever conversations are happening within the state of CT. Why is this so hard to grok?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I can understand cancelling Nova out of an abundance of caution, but there’s no reason they couldn’t have tested out and played St. John’s tomorrow.

There's a perfectly rational and expected reason why UConn is not paying and Butler is playing.

CT residents who vote have elected officials who will go maximum turtle and avoid any risk no no matter how much it flies in the face of science and data.

This isn't complicated or unexpected.

Reaction Score
Out of frustration and not knowing the details I was wondering if the officials were tested often enough? Maybe they were? Or not?

Reaction Score
To my recollection and understanding, the CDC guidance stipulates that anyone exposed to a person known to be infected can trust a negative test result no sooner than 7 days after the exposure. If that's true, Butler is doing the wrong thing by playing today. Then again, maybe no one exceeded the proximity and duration thresholds required to meet the definition of exposure. I don't know, but I also suspect that none of you who are so sure that Connecticut is stupid and Butler is doing the right thing know either.

Reaction Score
There's a perfectly rational and expected reason why UConn is not paying and Butler is playing.

CT residents who vote have elected officials who will go maximum turtle and avoid any risk no no matter how much it flies in the face of science and data.

This isn't complicated or unexpected.
You’re a true Florida man now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
To my recollection and understanding, the CDC guidance stipulates that anyone exposed to a person known to be infected can trust a negative test result no sooner than 7 days after the exposure. If that's true, Butler is doing the wrong thing by playing today. Then again, maybe no one exceeded the proximity and duration thresholds required to meet the definition of exposure. I don't know, but I also suspect that none of you who are so sure that Connecticut is stupid and Butler is doing the right thing know either.

Here's the current CDC "guidelines".

It would seem the trigger for cancelling the games would be directly being hit with droplets. It's highly unlikely any players had 6 minutes of exposure within the distance.

CDC also gives examples of how/when to use tests to shorten quarantine timelines.

I put quotes around guidelines because CDC states clearly states health officials have final say o how to proceed.

Reaction Score
I am not conspiracy theorist, but the UConn women played Arkansas with six players out with Covid and the hockey team played yesterday and today with two Merrimack players out with Covid. So, maybe it’s not about the CTDPH and more about waiting ‘til Bouk gets back?

Reaction Score
I am one that is against games being cancelled unless theres a team wide outbreak under these circumstances I'm ok with it since Bouknight is injured. Its a dirty tactic but sometimes you have to play dirty

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Why is Butler playing today and we are not playing tomorrow? BIG EAST or State of CT ?
It seems that it is both. The Big East must have agreed to abide by the individual state mandates. State mandates are guided by CDC but do not have to adhere to them strictly, as they are guidelines. State mandates reflect statistics in the state. Stats I assume include everything from infection, rate, hospitalization, availability of beds etc. CT has the Yale School of Public Health which is considered one of the best in the world to guide it as well. I will put my trust in CTDPH over the UCBY!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom