• I may have it, some symptoms

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • I definitely have it, confirmed via test

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I'm pretty sure I've had it but I've recovered

Votes: 14 7.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
My daughter is an emergency department nurse at Stamford Hospital. She's been working long hours and is exhausted because she is so busy. They are running out of supplies.
WBB, my wife is a nurse so I know that it probably will go in one ear and out the other but remind her that when you are exhausted your immune system starts to weaken and she has to stay strong for her patients.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I just saw a piece on our local news broadcast. It was reported that the virus can live on the surface of fruits and vegetables for up to 3 days that are regularly fondled by shoppers try to find a desired piece of produce. Wash your produce items when you get home.

I've only been buying fruit that needs to be peeled, and wash hands before and after handling/peeling. A banana can easily be eaten without ever touching the edible part; a mango not so much, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. There's no way I'm going near grapes, apples, etc.

I talked this morning to someone who has a relative working at Mt. Sinai. He has to live at the hospital for an indefinite period. They're just about at capacity now and expect it to get worse for about a week. Scary.

Reaction Score
NYC residents fleeing sure isn't going to help. What a world.

God bless those who have to fight any disturbance.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
For those that routinely experience seasonal sinus/respiratory ailments here’s something you may want to consider. ]

He put me on a daily dose of Clariton and a nasal spray for the rest of my life.

Old dude
I took your advice and after 10 days, my drip is gone (and everything else)...Hallelujah...and many thanks for the tip.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
NYC residents fleeing sure isn't going to help.

We qualify for your disliked category
but fortunately
We show up every November, go back for Christmas in the city
with the kids
And then right back through April...
So, aside from the Yellow license plate, we're as local as anyone else...sort of a hybrid local.

So... no one takes notice or thinks ill.
Nice. :)

Reaction Score
My wife works with disadvantaged youth. She picked up the virus from one of her students. Her test came back positive. I picked up the infection from her since we were quarantined together even before we knew she was infected. Fortunately for us, we got through without serious repercussions. I hope we now have immunity for a while!

Our symptoms included a loss of taste and smell, body aches, and low-grade fever.

We continue to wash hands frequently, stay at home for the most part, and wear masks when we go to a grocery store. We did not leave the house for nearly three weeks while we were infected and till all symptoms were completely gone.

Be safe, stay healthy..

Reaction Score
My wife works with disadvantaged youth. She picked up the virus from one of her students. Her test came back positive. I picked up the infection from her since we were quarantined together even before we knew she was infected. Fortunately for us, we got through without serious repercussions. I hope we now have immunity for a while!

Our symptoms included a loss of taste and smell, body aches, and low-grade fever.

We continue to wash hands frequently, stay at home for the most part, and wear masks when we go to a grocery store. We did not leave the house for nearly three weeks while we were infected and till all symptoms were completely gone.

Be safe, stay healthy..
So you can't taste food or smell things now? Was it hard to breathe like they are saying on TV? Apparently the virus can turn your lungs into what looks like broken glass on an X-ray and cause permanent lung damage.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm in the high-risk category, being older than dirt. My sons did not want me to go grocery shopping, so I was able to score a pick-up time slot at a nearby Harris Teeter. They didn't have about 25% of what I ordered, but overall it was a good experience. I didn't go into the store, but the traffic flow in and out was heavy--people with practically Hazmat suits, people with winter scarves, and people with no protection whatsoever.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I'm in the high-risk category, being older than dirt. My sons did not want me to go grocery shopping, so I was able to score a pick-up time slot at a nearby Harris Teeter. They didn't have about 25% of what I ordered, but overall it was a good experience. I didn't go into the store, but the traffic flow in and out was heavy--people with practically Hazmat suits, people with winter scarves, and people with no protection whatsoever.

A Harris Teeter tip — they post the next batch of time slots every day at midnight, so have your order ready and snag the earliest time you can. It’ll mean your order is picked and packed earlier and more of your items are likely to be in stock.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A Harris Teeter tip — they post the next batch of time slots every day at midnight, so have your order ready and snag the earliest time you can. It’ll mean your order is picked and packed earlier and more of your items are likely to be in stock.
Thanks! My 2 closest stores were booked solid for 7 days (partly due to shortened hours), so I had to go to a store about 3-4 miles away. That was not a hardship at all.

Edit: It's 12:45 AM and I just found 1 times lot for next Friday, 7 days out, at my closest store. The store I went to today also has only 1 time slot left for all of the next week.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Thanks! My 2 closest stores were booked solid for 7 days (partly due to shortened hours), so I had to go to a store about 3-4 miles away. That was not a hardship at all.

Edit: It's 12:45 AM and I just found 1 times lot for next Friday, 7 days out, at my closest store. The store I went to today also has only 1 time slot left for all of the next week.

It is madness! Last week I tried to grab a slot and they were gone by 12:15. The next day I got a 9am slot at about 12:03.

For the short term, it was pricier, but I ended up getting a delivery from Whole Foods instead.

Instacart is an option for grocery delivery, too.

Reaction Score
First week of January I got what I thought was the Flu. First time in about 20 years. Wife came down with it a few days later. I got better went back to work for 3 days and started coughing. Never coughed that bad nearly threw up. Did strain muscles. Went to see the Dr. on the 2nd day. In March I pretty much quit clearing crap out of my lungs.

Wife's experiences was same as mine. Just not as severe. I either had the man version or the Elderberry concoction my wife took helped.

Lost 3 weeks of work in January. Came across the stats on the CDC's website that has the first confirmed case in the US as the 14th of January. Some doctors my wife (diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 3.5 years ago) follow says the coronavires was here in November/December.

So I selected "I think I've had it and recovered" but really have no idea.

had the same experience as you, at roughly the same time. I coughed so hard that I pulled a muscle in my side / back and It made it excruciating to cough. Told my if at the time that whatever I had was a game changer. But.... I got a flu test and tested positive for flu A. I think the strain this year was a killer.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My wife hasn’t used her sewing machine in many years. Yesterday, she went down to the basement, dusted it off and made a couple of cloth masks for us to use. I contributed one of my old cotton shirts to the cause.

She did a really nice job except for one issue. My wife selected a pink shirt. I was hoping for the desperado look, but instead, I look like an indulgent dad who’s playing dress up with his little girl. Oh well, I guess we all have to make sacrifices.

The good news is that my wife is at it again today. This time I picked out the shirt.....HUSKY BLUE!!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think what this virus has done to your peripatetic tendencies must be equally as painful.

JordyG

Reaction Score
had the same experience as you, at roughly the same time. I coughed so hard that I pulled a muscle in my side / back and It made it excruciating to cough. Told my if at the time that whatever I had was a game changer. But.... I got a flu test and tested positive for flu A. I think the strain this year was a killer.
This country needs that serological test that determines if you have the antibodies, and it needed it yesterday. That way people who are immune and non-infectious can freely move about and/or go back to work. I will gladly attend the NY's first COVID-19 immunity party.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm a RN at a major university hospital. I work on a hematology/oncology unit, including stem cell transplant patients and chemo patients who have no immune system. I had to swab a patient at 6 pm after spending my entire shift in his room with a surgical mask. Fortunately he was negative. I know how I felt that night; I can imagine how ER and ICU nurses feel after every shift.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I live in NY. Gov Cuomo’s daily news conference is must see tv. Today he announced that Oregon has lent NY 140 desperately needed ventilators, which NY expects to return several times over, if and when cases surge in Oregon. It’s impossible to overstate how grateful I and the people of NY feel towards Gov Kate Brown and the folks in Oregon.

With all do respect to Dawn and the folks in SC, I hereby declare the Oregon Ducks WBB National Champions.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I live in NY. Gov Cuomo’s daily news conference is must see tv. Today he announced that Oregon has lent NY 140 desperately needed ventilators, which NY expects to return several times over, if and when cases surge in Oregon. It’s impossible to overstate how grateful I and the people of NY feel towards Gov Kate Brown and the folks in Oregon.

With all do respect to Dawn and the folks in SC, I hereby declare the Oregon Ducks WBB National Champions.
Seconded. It's sad though that it took so much death and privation to make Gov. Cuomo a media star.

Reaction Score
So you can't taste food or smell things now? Was it hard to breathe like they are saying on TV? Apparently the virus can turn your lungs into what looks like broken glass on an X-ray and cause permanent lung damage.
Neither of us had breathing difficulties of significance. Some people wind up in the hospital and need respirators so the situation needs to be monitored closely. Sense of smell and taste are back now.

Reaction Score
This country needs that serological test that determines if you have the antibodies, and it needed it yesterday. That way people who are immune and non-infectious can freely move about and/or go back to work. I will gladly attend the NY's first COVID-19 immunity party.
I am waiting for such a test to be easily accessed. If we have immunity, we can get out and help others. The parties would be great too!

Reaction Score
Shop Rite where I live in NJ sos booked-out for home deliveries for the next month solid. I braved Home Depot to today and it was not bad. They're limited the store to 50 customers at a time, everybody was good about it. Nice day, so I put my boys to work and out of my wife (and now their teacher's hair) as without their friends and no sports, they are going a bit crazy. Walked the dog in the evening and went by the Chief Volunteer Fire Department's house and there are 'hope stones,' crosses, and cards all over the place. He has Covid-19. The guys is my age, mid 40's, and in much better shape while serving as the head of the town's volunteer fire department. Not sure if he got it from his duty there or through his regular job for an airlines; but it's bad. He's been in ICU for a week and is on a ventilator, dialysis machine, and a feeding tube accoding to his wife's FB account. The entire fire department is also in quarantine, which accounts for a large chunk of the 60 known cases in town. Just crazy.

Reaction Score
Shop Rite where I live in NJ sos booked-out for home deliveries for the next month solid. I braved Home Depot to today and it was not bad. They're limited the store to 50 customers at a time, everybody was good about it. Nice day, so I put my boys to work and out of my wife (and now their teacher's hair) as without their friends and no sports, they are going a bit crazy. Walked the dog in the evening and went by the Chief Volunteer Fire Department's house and there are 'hope stones,' crosses, and cards all over the place. He has Covid-19. The guys is my age, mid 40's, and in much better shape while serving as the head of the town's volunteer fire department. Not sure if he got it from his duty there or through his regular job for an airlines; but it's bad. He's been in ICU for a week and is on a ventilator, dialysis machine, and a feeding tube accoding to his wife's FB account. The entire fire department is also in quarantine, which accounts for a large chunk of the 60 known cases in town. Just crazy.
Best wishes to all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom