Courtney Heading South... | The Boneyard

Courtney Heading South...

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
...to Australia's WNBL for the "off-season". She should really tear up that league. In Turkey last year, Courtney averaged 11.6 points and 6.6 rebounds in 14 games for Girne Universitesi. Players love Australia, but it usually doesn't represent a big dollar destination. Based on the statement in the article "one of the highest profiled signings in the club’s 30 year history", the terms should be generous for that league. GOOD LUCK COURTNEY! STAY HEALTHY!!

Perth Lynx land WNBA star Courtney Williams - WNBL

19260505_10155314928335449_1891000031923664087_n.jpg

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Scary thread title.:eek: For a second, I thought some form of trade. Glad to see she is going to a place and coach that really is excited to have her.:D

Reaction Score
Like I said before, I think, Courtney has such elevation on her jump shot. In college, only Diamond DeShields had the same elevation.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What about Sykes or Gabby?
Actually, no one has the elevation of Gabby. Not Courtney, Diamond, or anyone else for that matter. She was a world class high jumper (most UCONN fans probably know that), but it makes sense that she'd have such great "ups" given her background...

Reaction Score
I don't remember Sykes in college, but she has certainly upped her game in the pros. I personally don't think of Gabby as an off the dribble jump shooter. She definitely has a vertical as her dribble drive finishes are at the rim.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
If we are talking elevating on a jump shot, I think her teammate Jas Thomas is in the conversation against anyone. Never has been the subject of a lot of hype, but she is freakishly athletic.

DC31WaeWsAIKYC1.jpg:large

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Actually, no one has the elevation of Gabby. Not Courtney, Diamond, or anyone else for that matter. She was a world class high jumper (most UCONN fans probably know that), but it makes sense that she'd have such great "ups" given her background...
But not on her jumper. The fact is Gabby's jumper, legs splayed, shooting off center, precludes a high release. Courtney and DD though jump and release higher than Gabby on their shots. The big difference is Courtney has a far more consistent jump and release point on her shot that DD ever will.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't remember Sykes in college, but she has certainly upped her game in the pros. I personally don't think of Gabby as an off the dribble jump shooter. She definitely has a vertical as her dribble drive finishes are at the rim.

True, maybe she hasn't really used her elevation on her jump shot, but I could see that as something she'd be working towards now that she has an eye on the WNBA.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Big fan of Courtney. Getting traded by Phoenix was the best thing that happened to her. Also, Connecticut fans know her from her AAC days, so she's got a built-in fan base in the state. She's got a great future. Now, if only Morgan can stay healthy, then the Sun's will be turbo-charged.

Reaction Score
I'm glad she's going to Australia instead of Turkey. I worry about the women playing in Turkey. Troubling things happening there.

Either way, Courtney has a better vertical on her jump shot than either Sykes or even Gabby, which is to say she gets higher off the floor. Gabby's release may be just as high, she just doesn't need to get so far off the ground because of her height. Courtney releases the ball at a height that is as great as players much taller than her. And she rebounds at heights of much taller women too. That is often just as impressive.

Reaction Score
Courtney is freakishly athletic. Visit her IG page. She has an old post from her USF days. She chased down a scorer and pinned the shot to the backboard ala LeBron. I've followed her since first seeing her play against UCONN. She is special. She can light it up.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't forget Britt had (2) ACL tears while in college. She is finally getting fully healthy right now. Before college Britt was Gabby Williams athletic.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Whatever her athleticism is (and it is exceptional), her attitude is her best attribute. During her USF days and her clashes with UConn, she never gave up and really tried to will her team to compete to the end. I always feared her.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
If she is going to Perth I hope she enjoys the flies. I was there 3 years ago. Walk with your mouth shut.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Courtney will put fear into those flies. :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member