Courtney Ekmark | The Boneyard

Courtney Ekmark

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She has 20 points at halftime (!) in ASU's game vs. Arkansas (currently showing on the Pac-12 Networks).

Courtney is 6 of 8 from the arc.

Not sure if this is a career high, but it's gotta be close.

Arizona State leads 52-14 (!) at the half. Welcome back to the Pac-12, coach Neighbors.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So happy for her!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Welcome back to the Pac-12, coach Neighbors.

I liked him while he was at UW, but now that he's gone I don't feel any loyalty or ties to him. I don't give a hoot about Arkansas women's bball.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What the heck, is today an unofficial Pac 12-SEC Challenge? Oregon beat Texas A&M, Cal beat Kentucky, ASU beat Arkansas, Tennessee vs. Stanford coming up later. Is this a strange coincidence or intentional? Also strangely Oregon has played 3 straight against SEC teams--Mississippi St., Ole Miss and A&M.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
. . . . . Holy cow !!

Harry1.jpg

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The greatest baseball announcer in the history of baseball or should I say, the most exciting.
Unless he had one toooo many BUDS before the game. I think it is a Toss Up between Jack (Hey, Hey) and Harry (Holy Cow), both great Cubs announcers

Reaction Score
I liked him while he was at UW, but now that he's gone I don't feel any loyalty or ties to him. I don't give a hoot about Arkansas women's bball.[/QUOTE]

Arkansas is my favorite state for women’s HS b-ball this year!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Unless he had one toooo many BUDS before the game. I think it is a Toss Up between Jack (Hey, Hey) and Harry (Holy Cow), both great Cubs announcers
Also a great St. Louis Cardinals announcer when he first became great.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I liked him while he was at UW, but now that he's gone I don't feel any loyalty or ties to him. I don't give a hoot about Arkansas women's bball.
Yeah, and to be honest I'm a little miffed about how depleted he left the UW roster. He hasn't proven himself as a recruiter at all. What success he had at UW was almost entirely with players he inherited from McGuff. I'm sure he had a hand in recruiting some of those players, but that was as an assistant.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the update. You look and see what players like Courtney and Nat are doing with their new teams and it gives you further insight into the quality of the players who aren't starters at UConn.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah, and to be honest I'm a little miffed about how depleted he left the UW roster. He hasn't proven himself as a recruiter at all. What success he had at UW was almost entirely with players he inherited from McGuff. I'm sure he had a hand in recruiting some of those players, but that was as an assistant.

I think he had a big hand in landing Plum and Osahor while he was an assistant, and of course they both stuck w/ UW when McGuff left and Neighbors was promoted. After that he brought in almost nothing for 2 classes. Last year's freshmen group could've been pretty good, but McDonald left and Garcia might not ever play. Sitting out her second straight season w/ an injury. Melgoza and Henson have been solid contributors so far this season. So yeah, recruiting wasn't his strong suit. I was prepared for a disastrous season this year and so far I'm pleasantly surprised w/ what Wynn has done. Conference play is about to start, that will be more telling, but I think they'll avoid the cellar anyway. I don't think UW is any worse off w/ Wynn vs. Neighbors, and he's facing a major rebuilding project at Arkansas. They've gotta be pretty far down the pecking order for recruits in the area w/ all the other SEC schools and a couple juggernauts from the state of Texas in the Big 12. Unless he gets totally lucky and gets another pair of Plum/Osahor caliber players, I don't think he's gonna do much for the Razorbacks. Good luck to him though.

Reaction Score
Also a great St. Louis Cardinals announcer when he first became great.
When I was a kid in Oklahoma the only MLB we could get on the radio was Harry Caray and Jack Buck announcing the Cardinals. Back then instead of, "Holy Cow" Harry's signature call was, "Holy Mackerel!"

Reaction Score
I'm in AZ on vacation. Opened the Arizona Republic sports page this am and there was a front page story on Courtney's big night!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Where do you think that he learned to LIKE BUDs.
I know, but at first it was Gresiedieck?? (sp) beer before Bud took over."It might be, it could be, it iiisss. My favorite home run description. Now to Courtney. I hope she does as well as Butler and Sadie are doing. I saw her on TV during her junior season playing in a high school tournament and she was highly rated. I pulled for her very hard when she was at UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom