Courtney Banghart's Princeton Putting Beat-down on Penn | The Boneyard

Courtney Banghart's Princeton Putting Beat-down on Penn

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
On ESPNU in first half: 31-14, 7 of 11 from 3 point range.

Reaction Score
On ESPNU in first half: 31-14, 7 of 11 from 3 point range.

ROCK: that "heads up" was appreciated. Had forgotten to check on the game and was able to catch the last several minutes, thanks to you. Sounds a lot like a UCONN game from what you and EEB say, doesn't it?

An historical note: There is an "Eating Club" at the victorious school which has had an unusually large contingent of athletes (among others) in their membership, for well over half a century. Am told that the history continues , with many of the women on the team being members of that same club today.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ROCK: that "heads up" was appreciated. Had forgotten to check on the game and was able to catch the last several minutes, thanks to you. Sounds a lot like a UCONN game from what you and EEB say, doesn't it?

An historical note: There is an "Eating Club" at the victorious school which has had an unusually large contingent of athletes (among others) in their membership, for well over half a century. Am told that the history continues , with many of the women on the team being members of that same club today.

What!!! Women in the Club ... Egad, the world has gone to hell. :eek::oops:;):D There, I hope those 4 idiots to the left = just kidding.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Had forgotten to check on the game and was able to catch the last several minutes, thanks to you. Sounds a lot like a UCONN game from what you and EEB say, doesn't it?

Well they use some set plays and motion and obvious similarities to UConn with many 3 point shooters. Banghard knows her business and I really felt she'd go elsewhere as in more Big Time after there first NCAA cinderella run (2-3 years ago?).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well they use some set plays and motion and obvious similarities to UConn with many 3 point shooters. Banghard knows her business and I really felt she'd go elsewhere as in more Big Time after there first NCAA cinderella run (2-3 years ago?).
It was actually 2015 when Princeton had an undefeated regular season. I got to know Courtney a bit through the recruiting process for my youngest daughter and like you I though she would have been long gone from Princeton by now. If Duke had decided to make a change I though Courtney would have been an outstanding replacement. Everytime a highly regarded academic instution in the P5 has an opening she is the one I think off. Vandy, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Georgetown, & Michigan have made changes since 2012 and I don't know where Courtney ended up in those selection process.

Reaction Score
Like all of the (relatively) smaller academic elite schools, Princeton picks particular sports to excel in. That means paying those coaches above grade and (frankly) giving those coaches more latitude in recruiting athletes who may lower the average SAT scores and class rank. Once committed to that sport, they will throw resources into maintaining excellence. I don't know if that's the case at Princeton, but it might be that she has a situation there that is just too good to give up or for other similar schools to compete against. (That was the case for Bill Tierney in men's lacrosse...until it no longer was.)

Reaction Score
Like all of the (relatively) smaller academic elite schools, Princeton picks particular sports to excel in. That means paying those coaches above grade and (frankly) giving those coaches more latitude in recruiting athletes who may lower the average SAT scores and class rank. Once committed to that sport, they will throw resources into maintaining excellence. I don't know if that's the case at Princeton, but it might be that she has a situation there that is just too good to give up or for other similar schools to compete against. (That was the case for Bill Tierney in men's lacrosse...until it no longer was.)

I have asked her to stay at Princeton until there is an opening at Uconn. She will replaace Geno, but keep the assistants.Thus I have had her on my list everytime there is talk here about geno retiring. (And she has had the usual Coaches-Visits to Campus.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom