Courant UConn Position Group Reviews | The Boneyard

Courant UConn Position Group Reviews

Reaction Score
Who thought it was a good idea to use a font that makes every 1 an "I"?

That’s not a Courant issue... it’s the “backdoor” article converter used (Outline).

Reaction Score
I see. It made my brain hurt, but a decent read nonetheless.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Running back talent isn't the question. The question is can we have enough of a passing a game to keep opponents from stacking the box.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Steele has UConn’s backs tied for 9th in the AAC. The only position group that isn’t last or tied for last.

Reaction Score
Honest question; what waste general “vibe” (press etc) around UCF coming off their winless season?

Did people recognize they had talent coming in and were about to turn it around or was it mostly gloom and doom?

Reaction Score
Running back talent isn't the question. The question is can we have enough of a passing a game to keep opponents from stacking the box.
I'm hoping that our OL is the SLEEPER of our entire offense... If they can come out and ball out, I think everything else ends up working itself out...

Reaction Score
With Pindell gone, Mensah should have a better season than last year. Pindell's QB draws were poaching touches from Mensah. He should get a boost in carries per game. Plus Pindell's passing game was very weak. Can't be worst this season.

Reaction Score
Converting Xzavier Scott to a receiver is great. He’s got a lot of talent and puts playmaking capability on the field. Should be great for bubble screens and quick hit routes. He was phenomenal in our last Spring game held but then got hurt.

Reaction Score
I’m not too worried about receivers. That is a position where you can use young guys Tight end is a concern. Converted wide is #1 and nobody else. Surprised there hasn’t been a conversion of a backup online man if only for depth

Reaction Score
I think the TE position will be better than its been in a while. Two really good athletes in Williams and Rose. They are both probably not natural blockers, but the improvements of the OLine should help and I think they will both be adequate blocking. They need to stay healthy. Bold prediction, Williams will get a shot at the NFL with his size and speed. (its time for optimism!)

Reaction Score
Mason Donaldson was outstanding 2 seasons ago and really did not get much opportunity last year. He catches anything that is close to him and seems to get open pretty easily.

Reaction Score
Kevin needs to break tackles. He went down on first contact very often. If he improves his yards after contact, it will be a big help.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mason Donaldson was outstanding 2 seasons ago and really did not get much opportunity last year. He catches anything that is close to him and seems to get open pretty easily.

watching this team leads people to say that someone with 16 catches for 225 yards was outstanding. 11 catches came in two games against terrible teams.

good reminder folks - watch some good teams and get a grip on what good players look like.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
watching this team leads people to say that someone with 16 catches for 225 yards was outstanding. 11 catches came in two games against terrible teams.

good reminder folks - watch some good teams and get a grip on what good players look like.

We will see once the season starts.

On a side note it is interesting that only a BC liked your comment, just saying lol

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We will see once the season starts.

On a side note it is interesting that only a BC liked your comment, just saying lol

i dont have any control over who likes my posts boss - but im pretty sure if likes tracked being right i’d have some more.

i hope donaldson has a good season but he has done nada outside of one game against ecu

Reaction Score
Did not realize this about Nino Leone, good for him.

"Nino Leone, who played right guard last season and was one of the best in the American Athletic Conference at that position, according to Pro Football Focus."

Looks like JC transfer Andrew Silva may be our first tackle off the bench, Nice pick up by Edsall in June.

Beudry Is going to make pass protection easy for our line because the ball will be out very quick.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It wasn't that long ago that the offensive line was the team's weak point. They brought in new players and, in some cases, probably played them much earlier than desired. However, it's now starting to pay off with an experienced unit led by upperclassmen. It's probably a year too early to see the same results on defense, but I expect all that youth will start to stabilize this year and emerge as a net positive in the first two years of independence. It may just be a glass three quarters full attitude, but I believe last year's suffering will pay off in the end. It was the price that had to be paid to turn over the roster and start the rebuilding process.

Reaction Score

It wasn't that long ago that the offensive line was the team's weak point. They brought in new players and, in some cases, probably played them much earlier than desired. However, it's now starting to pay off with an experienced unit led by upperclassmen. It's probably a year too early to see the same results on defense, but I expect all that youth will start to stabilize this year and emerge as a net positive in the first two years of independence. It may just be a glass three quarters full attitude, but I believe last year's suffering will pay off in the end. It was the price that had to be paid to turn over the roster and start the rebuilding process.

If our key players stick with the team it could be a breakout season next year. I really wish we had one more year in the AAC as I think we would be in the running for a division title. (Home games vs UCF, Cincy, Temple) The powers that be paid an extra 7 million to take that opportunity away.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom