Courant Sports Biased and Crappy | The Boneyard

Courant Sports Biased and Crappy

Reaction Score
Couple weeks ago I pointed this out with evidence of a Yankee win on page 1 and Red Sox loss buried on page 5. Today we have a Yankee win by a Double A rookie in his first major league appearance with 5 shutout innings buried on page 5. The front page? that would be a meeting of fans to watch cup soccer at the Portuguese club in New Britain. Top of page 1 is Hurley’s practices focused on soft play. I love UCMBB but this was on practice. I still believe there is a pro RS bias in the paper and that can be argued. The crappiness of the paper cannot.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I can’t believe daily newspapers cost $2.00
Or more. How do they survive.

Reaction Score
The anti-newspaper-sports-section takes on this site are so bad. Old man yells at cloud level stuff
297.png

Reaction Score
Local newspaper highlighting stories with local color?

WTF do they think they're doing?

Reaction Score
I can’t wait to see this exact same thread posted by the same poster two weeks from now.
And that’s why I posted again, because of being called out and being right. Portuguese Club tv watching. It would be one thing if they WON the World Cup. The biggest sport followed all summer in this state is baseball. Major League Baseball. Yankees-Red Sox. And this year the RS and Yankees rivalry is amped because both teams are very good. The baseball articles need to begin at least on page 1 of the sports section. I get the Globe and The Daily News online to follow baseball because the coverage is pathetic. I try to support the state’s main paper during a time when newspapers need to be supported what with accusations against the media and I have no problem with the paper highlighting local interest and sports, and even putting some on the front page.

pj

Reaction Score
And that’s why I posted again, because of being called out and being right. Portuguese Club tv watching. It would be one thing if they WON the World Cup. The biggest sport followed all summer in this state is baseball. Major League Baseball. Yankees-Red Sox. And this year the RS and Yankees rivalry is amped because both teams are very good. The baseball articles need to begin at least on page 1 of the sports section. I get the Globe and The Daily News online to follow baseball because the coverage is pathetic. I try to support the state’s main paper during a time when newspapers need to be supported what with accusations against the media and I have no problem with the paper highlighting local interest and sports, and even putting some on the front page.

Shouldn't you be writing to the Courant instead of the Boneyard?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Biggest sporting news in the world right now is the World Cup. Nothing trumps it. Especially in a place like CT with a youth soccer culture. You may not be personally into that, but it is what it is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have to say, I think I under appreciated "Some Guy" since he left the Courant I seldom go that site anymore.

Reaction Score
It’s a CT paper not the Boston Globe or NY Times. I realize you clearly like MLB, but they play 162 games. I don’t expect MLB to be front page in a CT paper unless someone on the Red Sox or Yankees throws a no hitter or perfect game (assuming it is the regular season not the playoffs).

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If what he says is true, he should be writing FOR the Courant not TO the Courant. Imagine how many birds we could kill and stones we could save.

Reaction Score
The paper has stopped allowing comments on all articles on their website. Half the fun was reading the moronic comments such as mine

Reaction Score
Biggest sporting news in the world right now is the World Cup. Nothing trumps it. Especially in a place like CT with a youth soccer culture. You may not be personally into that, but it is what it is.

Is that the demographic that's reading the paper though? Youth soccer players/parents? I mean I'll sympathize with the "baseball is boring" crowd as much as the next guy but the only people I still know who still read the paper also tend to like baseball.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the World Cup happens once every four years. The Sox only win 4 games every week. Clearly we should be concerned about bias and a paper trying to give their readers something they’re interested in.

Let’s file his thread in the new “who gives a sh—“ forum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom