COURANT SPORTS ALERT: 5 joining Big East - Boise, SD St., Houston, SMU, Central Fla. - | The Boneyard

COURANT SPORTS ALERT: 5 joining Big East - Boise, SD St., Houston, SMU, Central Fla. -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
eh, only thing that would make me happy is that when they come out here to play SD. But besides that, not interested and def. want out.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
houstons already up and coming and being in the big east can only help in recruiting for the other two... being optimistic

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
from a bball side of this:
-uh is going to be a top25 team soon. they are building back that program quickly. check the recruiting lately. they will be a quality game.
-ucf well we already know, plus they have also been building quickly
-smu is the new shu.

its nearly impossible to replace wvu/cuse/pitt on a bball schedule. thats 4 games of quality to power a year that we played.

Reaction Score
Well I think UConn/Cuse should play each other every year, despite any of the "they left for the ACC" blah blah blah.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Conference name means nothing now.

The Big Soup has a ring to it.

Reaction Score
Conference name means nothing now.

The Big Soup has a ring to it.

Since this about money, why doesn't the conference sell the naming rights. It could be the Visa Conference, or the Bank of America Conference. How about The Dominos Pizza Conference. There'd be a crazy bidding war. It'd be worth millions, maybe billions....

Reaction Score
So much for the Big "East".

Also, good thing San Diego State didn't join for basketball. I'm not sure we could play with that altitude...

Reaction Score
It's great that our mens and womens tennis teams will now get a couple extra trips to Texas each year.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The Big East is expected to divide into two football conference. The East would include UConn, Rutgers, South Florida, Central Florida, Navy and perhaps Temple. The West could be made up of Boise State, San Diego State, Louisville, Cincinnati, SMU and Houston.
Ugh. At least we're guaranteed a trip to Florida every year.

Reaction Score
I at least hope we get the chance to play SMU or Houston once IF we leave the Big East (or whatever the heck the new name will be :p)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nothing is over until it's over.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some changes to the conference in the near future with any of Ville, Cinci, UConn and/or Rutgers being invited into other conferences (B12, ACC and or B!G). On the other hand it is just as possible that this conference limps to the next media contract along with Air Force and Navy added for football only.

There is a very small chance the B12 breaks up before next season and the potential for additions of some of those teams not named Texas, TT, OU and OSU are added to the Big Whatever Conference instead of or with the academies.

I just wouldn't convince myself that things are done.

Reaction Score
Houston could be good. They are 4-3 losing 3 games by a total of 4 points. They beat Ark. By 9 away, all 5 starters ave. in double figures and none of them are seniors. They have 2 four star commits for next year and a 6-10 center who is not rated. Now joining the BE should give them a boast. They maybe a good addition.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Also, good thing San Diego State didn't join for basketball. I'm not sure we could play with that altitude...

Or those fans ... man they were the worst. Aztec Nation is tough to stomach.

Reaction Score
So much for the Big "East".

Altitude? San Diego is at sea level.

Reaction Score
Coming soon... The Big Earth Conference

Which will last until we add the team from the International Space Station next week...

Reaction Score
has anyone seen how the ginormous hoops conference will work? what is that 18 teams now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom