Courant Sport Section Is Crap | The Boneyard

Courant Sport Section Is Crap

Reaction Score
Division 3 Wesleyan lacross has half the front page including an opinion piece by Anthony. So on a day that Chris Sale gets hammered giving up 6 runs the Red Sox are on page 5 with a teaser on page 1 at the top. If he had pitched a 2 hitter they are on page 1? Nothing to see here. No problem with the Celtic home collapse as a leading story or the Indy 500 with a small spot but who the heck runs this thing? They need to step up.

Reaction Score
I guess the Celtics shouldve been on the front page but I wouldnt take it that seriously lol

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I was at the Red Sox game yesterday. Nothing about it was front page news lol except maybe Acuna's injury

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hate Lacross and still agree with it being more important than a random baseball game.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the world of the internet. It has absolutely killed print media. The Courant is about 1/4 the thickness it used to be.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Division 3 Wesleyan lacross has half the front page including an opinion piece by Anthony. So on a day that Chris Sale gets hammered giving up 6 runs the Red Sox are on page 5 with a teaser on page 1 at the top. If he had pitched a 2 hitter they are on page 1? Nothing to see here. No problem with the Celtic home collapse as a leading story or the Indy 500 with a small spot but who the heck runs this thing? They need to step up.
Sounds like you just want an anti Boston rag
You already have the NY Times, The Post and that other rag
Wesleyan is a huge story and is a CT team - it deserves what it received as does the Yale team

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I don't mind it because I am able to get Mets, Yankees, Giants, Celtics and of course everything UCONN. Now you want a really bad sports page try the New York Times! There lead stories are about diversity training for Southern Texas softball team or prison release program in Italy so Dad can play soccer with son - really!

Reaction Score
upload_2018-5-29_10-5-58.jpeg

Reaction Score
As of a few days ago the courant website can no longer be viewed here in Europe. I guess they criticized the faceless facists ( the rulers of the EU).

Reaction Score
Shouldn't baseball be in the obituary section? I am not a baseball fan but in the past I used to hear people talking about it. It is rare to even hear it mentioned anymore. Except for the 87 year old women that lives next to me. Her and her husband never watched sports in their lives. He passed now she watches UConn women's basketball and baseball . Go figure, same crowd.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As of a few days ago the courant website can no longer be viewed here in Europe. I guess they criticized the faceless facists ( the rulers of the EU).

I'm use a VPN service and have been getting it fine from England.

Reaction Score
I'm use a VPN service and have been getting it fine from England.
What is a VPN service? Here on the continent it is no longer available. UK has their own rules.

Reaction Score
I think the Courant just uses AP reports anyway. As far as I know the Courant hasn’t had a Red Sox beat writer in years.

Reaction Score
IMO the Courant has a slight Red Sox bias. They always have. Probably because their circulation tilts that way for northern and eastern Ct and southern Ct near NY gets NY papers. I understand that the surveys have more Yankee fans in the state.

pj

Reaction Score
It's GDPR. The whole Chicago Tribune - LA Times network which includes the Hartford Courant shut down European access because their software isn't setup for compliance with the new EU rules. See These U.S. Media Sites Have Gone Dark in Europe as New GDPR Rules Kick In

Mokum, you should be able to see it using a US-based proxy server. With something like Cyber Ghost, mentioned above, you interact through an encrypted connection purely with Cyber Ghost's US server, and their server accesses web sites on your behalf. So to the Hartford Courant web server, you look like a US client and get the content.

Try Googling proxy server for more alternatives.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom