Courant Reviews The Opposition in the AAC | The Boneyard

Courant Reviews The Opposition in the AAC

Reaction Score
I was hoping for a story with a little analysis in it, but alas, it looks like Kelli Stacey is not the person to provide it,. The story was a summary of games won as in "Three of the four games won by Houston (or whoever) were against, A, B and C.." What? there wasn't enough space to list them all? You couldn't tell us the fourth one? Or what? You'd have to kill us? Very weird writing style.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She appears to have just based her tier system entirely on win-loss record. ECU definitely does NOT belong in the upper third. They've played an extremely weak schedule.

The conference gets pretty bleak after UCF and Tulane. USF looked horrendous in its loss to LSU yesterday. I actually think Houston may be the 4th best team in the conference. They have a losing record but have played a tougher schedule than anyone except UConn and maybe UCF.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kelli doesn't mention that Laksa is to for the rest of the season.

UCF plays physical and is well-coached. I expect no more than 2-3 close games, maybe UCF and USF.

Reaction Score
Uconn needs the Big East.
Some leagues allow limited sports participation - i.e. in Patriot League, you can participate in football but not all sports. A shame Big East wouldn't just allow UConn in for just basketball. Would not be pretty for football and other sports.

Reaction Score
I was hoping for a story with a little analysis in it, but alas, it looks like Kelli Stacey is not the person to provide it,. The story was a summary of games won as in "Three of the four games won by Houston (or whoever) were against, A, B and C.." What? there wasn't enough space to list them all? You couldn't tell us the fourth one? Or what? You'd have to kill us? Very weird writing style.
I think the reason for only listing 3 of the 4 teams that they beat was to point out the "level of the competition" that they beat... not to save room or that they used too many words in the article... just my opinion...;);)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn is doomed in the AAC. Doomed. :( It is not challenging to the five starters. The bench should be able to defeat any team in that league. If they can't they should not be on the UConn Team. By the time the tournament begins, the UConn team has lost its edge to compete viciously. By the fifth or sixth game in the tournament, UConn is just starting to compete while the other teams have this experience all the way to the tournament. Not sure as to whether Lou or Pheesa can will this team to the championship. Maybe it is Williams, the youngster.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1546278389152.png

Reaction Score
UConn is doomed in the AAC. Doomed. :( It is not challenging to the five starters. The bench should be able to defeat any team in that league. If they can't they should not be on the UConn Team. By the time the tournament begins, the UConn team has lost its edge to compete viciously. By the fifth or sixth game in the tournament, UConn is just starting to compete while the other teams have this experience all the way to the tournament. Not sure as to whether Lou or Pheesa can will this team to the championship. Maybe it is Williams, the youngster.
How is the weather out on the ledge?

Reaction Score
I spent 23 years in the USMC from 67 to 91. The only way to keep Marines on the top is to have them compete in the most difficult and horrific situations possible. Their mission is to win, no matter what circumstances prevail. That is the training and that is why they are placed in difficult situations. The Seals are trained even with more intensity. We are not on a ledge, Sir, they are prepared to win. And, don't thank me for my service. Vets are sick and tired of hearing that crap. They want to be showed.

Reaction Score
I spent 23 years in the USMC from 67 to 91. The only way to keep Marines on the top is to have them compete in the most difficult and horrific situations possible. Their mission is to win, no matter what circumstances prevail. That is the training and that is why they are placed in difficult situations. The Seals are trained even with more intensity. We are not on a ledge, Sir, they are prepared to win. And, don't thank me for my service. Vets are sick and tired of hearing that crap. They want to be showed.
Thanks veryolddog, I get the analogy you used, and I concur that challenges during the season pay dividends later. I am also confident Geno will put forth every effort to provide those challenges... ie, the out of conference sked and their practice process. We can complain all we want about AAC, but you gotta play the hand you are dealt....and who knew Latksa would blow out her knee and take the quality of USF's play down with her. And I believe Geno knows he has to play the foes as they come..thus he schedules SC and Louisville in the midst of AAC sked... unfortunately who knew SC would be as they have shown this year. Hopefully Louisville gives a challenge.

And while you probably dont want to hear it, this 30 year veteran does indeed thank you for your service.

Happy New Year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom