Courant reports that Clawson and Ambrose are in the mix. | The Boneyard

Courant reports that Clawson and Ambrose are in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This morning the Courant reported that Dave Clawson coach at Bowling Green and Rob Ambrose are in the mix and that Weist has support and will also be in the mix. They said that Mazone is "not on the radar".

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I like clawson’s profile more than Lembos, but admittedly it was cause of that si article that detailed how he adjusted both his recruiting and his game planning based on personnel, and geography. Not locked into one particular system where existing players may not fit right away and we get more of the P we've got recruit our guys non sense meanwhile the leftovers head to the NFL.

Reaction Score
X's an O's very important etc. But man it comes down to recruiting in MD, NJ CT MA and PA. Maybe VA SC OH and GA a little. FLA and TX re hit and miss.

I like a guy with HC experience, but it's hard to turn down Narduzzi's resume.

Anyway Ambrose Lembo types know the territory I suppose. Mullen from the area, but can he recruit in the East?

Reaction Score
RE: Ambrose--I know the father of one of the current Towson players. Those "rumors" of Ambrose being somewhat of a jerk and bully are absolutely true, according to this father. Not sure, in my mind, if Ambrose is the guy to be head of the UConn program.

Reaction Score
RE: Ambrose--I know the father of one of the current Towson players. Those "rumors" of Ambrose being somewhat of a jerk and bully are absolutely true, according to this father. Not sure, in my mind, if Ambrose is the guy to be head of the UConn program.
We can't take a chance on something like this blowing up in our faces. A good coach can get the job done without that nonsense.

Reaction Score

This just reminds me of the Dan Hawkins Big 12 rant about the parents wh complained about their kids practicing too much.

Well, like half the Maryland program abandoned the school because Edsall was atrocious. But in truth, much of it was probably about a bunch of players who didn't get their way.

Given where Towson was and where it is now, I defer to Ambrose. And he has the support of most of our NFL alums that played when he was here.

Reaction Score
I still think it ends up being a guy that's been less talked about.

Still holding out hope for Herman.......
PW Herman?
theater-pee-wee-hermanjpg-3876b55fe2cc47b9.jpg

Reaction Score
This just reminds me of the Dan Hawkins Big 12 rant about the parents wh complained about their kids practicing too much.

Well, like half the Maryland program abandoned the school because Edsall was atrocious. But in truth, much of it was probably about a bunch of players who didn't get their way.

Given where Towson was and where it is now, I defer to Ambrose. And he has the support of most of our NFL alums that played when he was here.

You may be correct, however, Ambrose wasn't head coach when here. That could make a difference in his approach.

Reaction Score
X's an O's very important etc. But man it comes down to recruiting in MD, NJ CT MA and PA. Maybe VA SC OH and GA a little. FLA and TX re hit and miss.

I like a guy with HC experience, but it's hard to turn down Narduzzi's resume.

Anyway Ambrose Lembo types know the territory I suppose. Mullen from the area, but can he recruit in the East?
Cross CT off your list if Ambrose gets the job. I have heard the same stuff about Ambrose from a coworker of mine who played at Towson and is VERY involved with the football alumni association there. Rob Ambrose may be a good football coach and may be doing a really good job at Towson St...BUT if he gets the job here count my 2 seats I have held for 11 years and any donations out until both Ambrose, Manuel and Herbst are gone!

Reaction Score
If Ambrose is the choice it means 14 others turned Warde down.

If 14 didn't turn down Warde down and Ambrose is the choice, we should just bring Hathaway back and drop down a level.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
sportsart said:
If Ambrose is the choice it means 14 others turned Warde down.

If 14 didn't turn down Warde down and Ambrose is the choice, we should just bring Hathaway back and drop down a level.

I'm no Ambrose supporter but the idea he's 15th on any list is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Cross CT off your list if Ambrose gets the job. I have heard the same stuff about Ambrose from a coworker of mine who played at Towson and is VERY involved with the football alumni association there. Rob Ambrose may be a good football coach and may be doing a really good job at Towson St...BUT if he gets the job here count my 2 seats I have held for 11 years and any donations out until both Ambrose, Manuel and Herbst are gone!
How do Manuel and Ambrose work their way into this post?

Reaction Score
You may be correct, however, Ambrose wasn't head coach when here. That could make a difference in his approach.

He also may have been a jerk, and his boss corrected the behavior.

Reaction Score

I'll double my season tickets if they hire Ambrose.

Reaction Score

Jerk and Bully, i'm sure we can find more than a few parents who feel the same way about Calhoun, I know plenty of reporters felt that way about JC.

I need more info because plenty of hall of fame coaches are Jerks and Bullies.

Reaction Score
Are you saying he is a perfect candidate for the Rutgers job? He fits their profile.

Reaction Score
I'll double my season tickets if they hire Ambrose.
Good you and all the Ambrose supporters can sit behind the bench and cheer him on...or you can sit where ever you want since there should be plenty of open seats to choose from!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom