Courant on "The Visit" | The Boneyard

Courant on "The Visit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Megan Walker, Top Recruit In Nation, Visiting UConn This Weekend

As we climb the wall of worry over MW's recruitment, I offer a lighter moment from Seattle Times this AM:

unnamed.jpg

HGN

Reaction Score
Look Dad peddling down the road....... ..... Able to leap tall forwards and centers in a single bound ; More powerful than any other Rookie ; It's A Bird (not Sue) ; It's A Plane ; IT'S SUPER ROOKIE Breanna Stewart!:)

Reaction Score
Bags---This time of the year, without rain, fog or snow--Storrs is a beautiful place. During the WBB season the kids travel so much does the weather in Storrs become a factor --I live 60 miles from Richmond, except for snow amounts and shorter winter--it isn't much different. (I worked in Storrs)--maybe much hotter here in the summer (extended).

HGN

Reaction Score
Question..............Does anyone know if she will be staying over and maybe hanging out with the players for the entire weekend?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Question....Does anyone know if she will be staying over and maybe hanging out with the players for the entire weekend?
An official visit usual entails that and more like going to a class, sleeping in the team Apts/dorms, dinner at some fancy restaurant, attending practice, football game, and meals at Geno's house.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
An official visit usual entails that and more like going to a class, sleeping in the team Apts/dorms, dinner at some fancy restaurant, attending practice, football game, and meals at Geno's house.
Thanks Coco...........I was hoping she gets to hangout with the players and sleep over in the dorms. Get the full 'Family' treatment , if you will.

HGN

Reaction Score
love Storrs, but this does not compute. maybe drive to Hartford?
Well , Coco didn't actually say the fancy restaurant had to be in Storrs. He just said dinner at a fancy restaurant.

Reaction Score
Question....Does anyone know if she will be staying over and maybe hanging out with the players for the entire weekend?

My daughter did several overnight visits. Stayed with the basketball teams, went to classes, parties, football games...She even attended a first night. She was there the entire weekend. She had so much fun. Really helped when cutting schools from 10 to 5 to 3.

When she finally chose, it came down to playing time and turning a losing program into a winning one. And after her freshman year, they went from 2 wins and were picked to finish in last place last year to 6 or 7 wins and a win away from the post season.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This is Megan's third visit. When she visited unofficially earlier, she probably ate at Willington Pizza the first time and Chuck's & Margarita's the second. This final official visit she and her parents will dine at Casa Auiemma and can expect an appetizer of Carpacchio or Bruschetta, maybe a cup of Pasta Fagioli, entree of Vitello Scaloppini a la Nonna, side of Fetuccini Marinara. then conclude with Spumoni or Tiramisu (and a snifter of Amaretto for Mom and Dad).:)

Earlier in the day, she will go to classes with her host (Gabby? Kia?) while Mom and dad meet Mr. Benedict and Dr. Herbst while touring the campus.

When Geno visited the Walkers at home he likely showed that video of players diving after loose balls (during blowouts) and certainly ones of last season's games of UConn stomping ND and demolishing Texas. During this upcoming visit, Geno will graciously acquiesce to selfies in his office with Megan and Mom and Dad.

Next week? Corned Beef & Cabbage in South Bend.:(

I like our chances.;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This is Megan's third visit. When she visited unofficially earlier, she probably ate at Willington Pizza the first time and Chuck's & Margarita's the second. This final official visit she and her parents will dine at Casa Auiemma and can expect an appetizer of Carpacchio or Bruschetta, maybe a cup of Pasta Fagioli, entree of Vitello Scaloppini a la Nonna, side of Fetuccini Marinara. then conclude with Spumoni or Tiramisu (and a snifter of Amaretto for Mom and Dad).:)

Earlier in the day, she will go to classes with her host (Gabby? Kia?) while Mom and dad meet Mr. Benedict and Dr. Herbst while touring the campus.

When Geno visited the Walkers at home he likely showed that video of players diving after loose balls (during blowouts) and certainly ones of last season's games of UConn stomping ND and demolishing Texas. During this upcoming visit, Geno will graciously acquiesce to selfies in his office with Megan and Mom and Dad.

I like our chances.;)
You missed the part where they paraded past the NC trophies, with a short refreshment break half way along, and then gave mom and dad a chance to recreate the championship ring commercial.

But you sure made me hungry - what time is dinner?!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I like our chances.;)

My sore ribs did not appreciate that, though I do believe that laughter is the best medicine. VG post Kib.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not happening. Dinner is at Geno's and it will include cookies by Kathy and spaghetti by Marsiella and maybe Marsiella's Struffoli.

Geno Auriemma
Well, that's a whole other thing: home cooking. Got to get the Auriemmas a big edge.
But for restaurants, South Bend beats Storrs, but Austin completely destroys them both. 'Course, she's not being recruited in culinary sciences....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dinner? An hour and a half to Boston. Take a chance? Two and a half to NYC. Austin? Pshaw!

Reaction Score
If THIS doesn't do it, we never had a chance.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
how about burgers and fries with Sue and Diana while just chit chatting in Coach's office... and a frostie for dessert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom