Couple of tidbits on Maya | The Boneyard

Couple of tidbits on Maya

Reaction Score
OMG, this makes it sound as if Maya is coachable. ;)

Practice, practice, practice.
And eventually, a coach ...at the highest levels. Think about it, Maya is a great people person, a true student of the game, a passionate and driven performer, a team builder, a team leader, she will have an unparalleled winning and championship experience and record, an absolutely astonishing basketball resume, and will have been taught, played for, and studied under THE GREATEST BASKETBALL COACH of all time, all at elite levels...just to name some of her qualifications. HOLY MOLY!

In fact, I'd like to go on record, right now, right here, to declare that Maya will not only eventually coach at the highest levels, she will also continue her championship ways while adding to her already overstuffed trophy room . :D

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And eventually, a coach ...at the highest levels. Think about it, Maya is a great people person, a true student of the game, a passionate and driven performer, a team builder, a team leader, she will have an unparalleled winning and championship experience and record, an absolutely astonishing basketball resume, and will have been taught, played for, and studied under THE GREATEST BASKETBALL COACH of all time, all at elite levels...just to name some of her qualifications. HOLY MOLY!

In fact, I'd like to go on record, right now, right here, to declare that Maya will not only eventually coach at the highest levels, she will also continue her championship ways while adding to her already overstuffed trophy room . :D

I'm thinking Maya bypasses the coaching process to become Commissioner ... or President. :)

Reaction Score
I'm thinking Maya bypasses the coaching process to become Commissioner ... or President. :)
That's absurd, MH. She can't possibly become President, no one knows who she is ...because nobody watches WBB. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I think you may well be correct, leadership for Maya. But, that will come after her coaching triumphs. Why? Because the hardwood is Maya's happy place, it's like a second home to her. She loves her work and her work is on the C-O-U-R-T.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's absurd, MH. She can't possibly become President, no one knows who she is ...because nobody watches WBB. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I think you may well be correct, leadership for Maya. But, that will come after her coaching triumphs. Why? Because the hardwood is Maya's happy place, it's like a second home to her. She loves her work and her work is on the C-O-U-R-T.
I think Maya is more interested in being an announcer or sports agent, but it will be interesting to follow her. I think she can still play for a few more years, like 2 more Olympiads.

Reaction Score
Richard Deitsch at SI has a profile of Maya coming soon. He's tweeted a couple of things that didn't make the story. Thought y'all might enjoy.

Of course, this shows how profoundly intelligent and self-aware Maya is--but we always knew that!
It also highlights one of the ways the women's game is so much more interesting than the men's: it takes a lot more skill because we are playing below the rim.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom