Could UConn get QB Hunter Johnson from Clemson | The Boneyard

Could UConn get QB Hunter Johnson from Clemson

Reaction Score
Hunter Johnson, who recently decided to transfer from Clemson, has been granted a full release from his scholarship. Could UConn convince him to come to Storrs?

It is a long shot, given that Duke, Northwestern and Purdue are interested in him, according to a news report.

Johnson was rated as the No. 2 pro-style quarterback in the country and the No. 30 player at any position for the Class of 2017.

Reaction Score
I know most of the readers of this website rarely suggest that UConn should think big, but it would not hurt for Randy to talk to Hunter Johnson. If UConn could land him, he would be a major asset for the team. He may not want to be a back-up QB for another team in the ACC or B10 but be a leader for a team like UConn that is poised to return to greatness.

Reaction Score
I know most of the readers of this website rarely suggest that UConn should think big, but it would not hurt for Randy to talk to Hunter Johnson. If UConn could land him, he would be a major asset for the team. He may not want to be a back-up QB for another team in the ACC or B10 but be a leader for a team like UConn that is poised to return to greatness.

He has to sit a year and Purdue’s starter graduates after this year. Brother was a reserve @ Northwestern a few years back. He’s seems destined for the Midwest.

Reaction Score
I believe Purdue QB ELIJAH SINDELAR has another year of eligibility after this year.

Reaction Score
I believe Purdue QB ELIJAH SINDELAR has another year of eligibility after this year.

You are correct - I flipped Purdue and Northwestern in my head... Northwestern’s QB graduates after this years

Reaction Score
Poised to return to greatness you say eh?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Articles had suggested he may want to stay in the Midwest which is where he’s from

Reaction Score
Articles had suggested he may want to stay in the Midwest which is where he’s from
Never hurts to talk to someone. Edsall has a lot of skill in selling UConn, and it may not even be on Hunter's radar screen. He ought to at least visit the campus. I believe Hunter originally wanted to play for Tenn. He wound up at Clemson. Maybe he will rethink his belief that the Midwest is the right place for him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Poised to return to greatness you say eh?
XpyzAMl.jpg

"You're damn right he did!"​

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Love the positive thoughts, bit im yearning for a return to mediocrity.
I think you'll get you wish this year. The rest of us will get ours in the years that follow.

Reaction Score

Thanks for the latest info. Obviously, would have been great if Johnson came to UConn -- maybe someone else -- possibly a QB -- who has great promise -- is looking to transfer, too.

Reaction Score

These passive-aggressive posts kill me. As if what we think has anything to do with who the coaches recruit, and what recruits want to come to UConn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
These passive-aggressive posts kill me. As if what we think has anything to do with who the coaches recruit, and what recruits want to come to UConn.

The person who wrote that post spent lots of time this winter complaining that Krajewski bearing only one P5 offer meant he wouldn't amount to anything here, then somehow applied a totally different standard to Marvin Washington (who had 0) when proclaiming him the program's savior.

Trolls gonna troll.

Reaction Score
The person who wrote that post spent lots of time this winter complaining that Krajewski bearing only one P5 offer meant he wouldn't amount to anything here, then somehow applied a totally different standard to Marvin Washington (who had 0) when proclaiming him the program's savior.

Trolls gonna troll.

Oh gawd....you guys have so lowered the standards for the label of "troll" that I am almost ashamed to ply my craft.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom