Could March Madness have been going on right now? | The Boneyard

Could March Madness have been going on right now?

Reaction Score
With the benefit of hindsight and seeing how the NBA and NHL have been with the bubble I believe it’s a fair question.

You have the bubble for conference tourneys that weren’t completed then have a bubble set up for each region then a Final Four bubble, it’s just something to think about.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
With the benefit of hindsight and seeing how the NBA and NHL have been with the bubble I believe it’s a fair question.

You have the bubble for conference tourneys that weren’t completed then have a bubble set up for each region then a Final Four bubble, it’s just something to think about.

without knowing you had NBA cooperation, I’m not you could’ve without a bunch of guys sitting out

Reaction Score
A great point @Scoe. Was it even considered? If not, it should have been.

The more I think about it yes we couldve continued with tournaments, with some outside the box thinking. The NCAA has black and white thinking and can't come up with a improvised plans in place like the professional leagues have. I think a lot of it is well ill say it well political, you have college presidents involved in these decisions. Look at college football having their conferences shutdown. Makes no sense to shutdown football and other fall sports yet allow schools to be open.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Makes no sense to shutdown football and other fall sports yet allow schools to be open.

Schools aren't going to be open for long.

Reaction Score
We could've done a lot of things, we did do a lot of things. No one knows anything for sure, except for the fact that we still have over 1,000 people dying a day.

Ok so we can't have a conversation. People like to jump to these conclusions that your insensitive just because you think things can go resume, it doesn't mean I think covid shouldn't be taken seriously. I think football in the spring then the following fall is actually more dangerous to players then it is to play this fall.

Reaction Score
How long did you think about this before making this thread?

Actually just thought of it seeing how the NBA and NHL is doing very well with the bubble. I think a tournament was doable.

Reaction Score
With the timing it would not have been possible. Took the pro leagues 4+ months to figure out how to do it successfully so far. If NCAA postponed for the same timeline would have never worked with eligibility.

Reaction Score

who'd pay for it?

Reaction Score
Doing a bubble for 22 professional teams is much easier than doing a bubble for hundreds of collegiate teams with conference tournaments and then March Madness with 68 teams

It could never work if they planned for it for years

Reaction Score
So the incoming freshman can or can't play? Bring back the seniors to play who graduated three months ago? What about transfers? Impossible to do it now even ignoring anything related to COVID.

Reaction Score
No, not unless the tournament was reduced to 16-32 teams in 1 hub city, leaving out mid/low majors

Reaction Score
Sorry to be long winded but I feel like the answer to this question requires an extremely detailed response:

NO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom