Could be ... there is just NO staff member for HC | The Boneyard

Could be ... there is just NO staff member for HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Lloyd Carr still alive?

I am disappointed in the succession from Edsall for so many reasons. But, I think that we have a good read on the remaining guys. Hank Hughes? Great job year after year taking raw mostly Northeastern guys and making them serviceable Linemen. Some great development (Kendall Reyes) ... and a lot of really good parts. Wholley? Worried about what I am seeing beyond Smallwood. Maybe too much PP influence. Perkins? meh. Fogarty ... too young. Cersosimo? Never really saw anything out of his unit. Foley ... my favorite ... may not (given his Colgate days) have the HC gravitas. And Weist? What have we there.

That gets me to the point of ... replacing Pasqualoni is not Orgeron. There is nobody there. And, frankly, PP has not really impacted this Program (which is contrary to what I saw at Syracuse - I think) with solid staff - even though they are paid pretty well.

If you knew you had to go into your network of friends (as Warde Manual), would you pull someone who knew little about this Team into the mix?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
None of that matters, the first step is to pull out the knife.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I doubt they are going to promote Cersosimo... since he quit in June...

They can't fire a coach who lost to Buffalo 41-12 because the assistants aren't good enough to lose by 30 to MAC teams?

This post is so ridiculous it's painful.

They could force the team to drink nothing but lead paint for the balance of the season and Spackler could get a better effort than P.

Reaction Score
I doubt they are going to promote Cersosimo... since he quit in June...

Next time, I will do Venn Diagrams for you. The Point ... was PP never really had a powerhouse staff of guys you could see running a Program. (except maybe the one who went to BC)

Reaction Score
The silence leads me to believe that this is a financial move. Warde sees the season is in the shiiter and has decided to save a couple hundred K by waiting to the end of the season. That's the only thing I can come up with

Reaction Score
those are all things that should have been mapped out, worked out, tinkered out, phone called out, and contacts checked out as of last December, when we finished 5-7 for the second time and missed a bowl game. MInimal, worked out as of the outcome of week 1 this season. to even be considering these things for the first time now, as athletic director, is negligence. There should be a plan in place to establish and interim and hire a new coach, and that it hasn't happened yet, is really disturbing.

Reaction Score
Hank could easily run the ship for 8 games. He's been an Associate HC, whatever that means. He's the HC and DC. Weist is OC and WR coach, Foley is OL and TE coach and the rest of the assistants keep doing what they're doing.

It could not be any worse. I have no doubt the offense would be extremely fired up.

This is not the issue.

Reaction Score
Agree with skiblets, since you can't really do any worse than no wins, no passion, and complete disarray.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Next time, I will do Venn Diagrams for you. The Point ... was PP never really had a powerhouse staff of guys you could see running a Program. (except maybe the one who went to BC)

Don Brown. Hahahahahaha.

PP didn't have a 'powerhouse staff full of guys'? How do you respond to that?

Reaction Score
Really? They just came off a BCS game. How bad were they? Did you think it was all Randy?

Reaction Score
The silence leads me to believe that this is a financial move. Warde sees the season is in the shiiter and has decided to save a couple hundred K by waiting to the end of the season. That's the only thing I can come up with

How many 1,000's of season ticket non renewals can he afford?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Cersosimo? Never really saw anything out of his unit.

That gets me to the point of ... replacing Pasqualoni is not Orgeron. There is nobody there.

Just for the record. We can't possibly fire P. No one else could lose to Buffalo by 30.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hank could easily run the ship for 8 games. He's been an Associate HC, whatever that means. He's the HC and DC. Weist is OC and WR coach, Foley is OL and TE coach and the rest of the assistants keep doing what they're doing.

It could not be any worse. I have no doubt the offense would be extremely fired up.

This is not the issue.

Yes he could but we would be down two bodies on our staff. Unless we know of one or two people we can bring in to fill in the blanks I'm not sure this can be pulled off for more than a few weeks. We will see this for the last two or three games but for 2/3 of the season it would be too tall of a task. I know, we likely won't win any games with the current staff that we wouldn't with a skeleton staff but the idea of trying it for the final eight games, that short staffed may be asking too much.

Reaction Score
Yes he could but we would be down two bodies on our staff. Unless we know of one or two people we can bring in to fill in the blanks I'm not sure this can be pulled off for more than a few weeks. We will see this for the last two or three games but for 2/3 of the season it would be too tall of a task. I know, we likely won't win any games with the current staff that we wouldn't with a skeleton staff but the idea of trying it for the final eight games, that short staffed may be asking too much.

I say again, that if Manuel didn't, and doesn't have a contingency set up for just this scenario, then we are really up the creek without a paddle. it's not that hard to find football coaches, especially temporary ones.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

I'm not saying you're wrong, but boy, if this is the reason (to save $200K), then the negative perception that UCONN is unwilling to invest in football is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom