Could a Rogue FBI Agent Derail the NCAA Corruption Probe? | The Boneyard

Could a Rogue FBI Agent Derail the NCAA Corruption Probe?

Reaction Score
I think the answer to the question posed in the lengthy SI article is 'No'. The worst case scenario for the prosecution is they want to use the 'rogue' agent(s) testimony and the truthfulness of the witness can be challenged. There is, however, a great deal of other evidence available to convict the defendants, video and audio recordings, bank records, tax returns not properly disclosing income received through bribes, etc. These cases do not hinge on the testimony of one witness, prosecutors like to obtain convictions, they are ethically obligated to seek justice, the multiple search warrants obtained in the investigative stage were properly obtained, there is a high likelihood most of the defendants will plead out, this isn't Law & Order, risk of conviction at trial and a resulting longer sentence is very high, I will be surprised if any of these go to trial.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can't blame the agent. If he was on heater or some honeypot was grinding on him, perfectly acceptable to blow off work.

Reaction Score
You would think the FBI would have better things to do with its time ...

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I have written off this entire article based on the lack of fact checking by the authors. Specifically, the article says one of the key figures had a Maserati truck. Maserati has never made a truck of any kind. They do have a sedan based crossover, but no-one would call it a truck. Heck, it's a fast back!
So if they can't get that right, I choose not to trust anything they wrote.

Reaction Score
I have written off this entire article based on the lack of fact checking by the authors. Specifically, the article says one of the key figures had a Maserati truck. Maserati has never made a truck of any kind. They do have a sedan based crossover, but no-one would call it a truck. Heck, it's a fast back!
So if they can't get that right, I choose not to trust anything they wrote.

I wondered about that...would seem weird that there was a Maserati truck that no one ever heard of...but, was too lazy to look it up.
That's why this place is so gnarly...you can find out anything you need to, about anything....

Reaction Score
It's literally because the agent made that decision.

It's hard for me to find a crime in this situation - let alone a crime worthy of being investigated by the FBI. For all the world, it seems like the FBI is acting as the enforcement arm of everyone's favorite organization - the NCAA.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's hard for me to find a crime in this situation - let alone a crime worthy of being investigated by the FBI. For all the world, it seems like the FBI is acting as the enforcement arm of everyone's favorite organization - the NCAA.

I was referencing the entire story's premise is that an FBI agent found something better to do than stay on the investigation.

Reaction Score
I wondered about that...would seem weird that there was a Maserati truck that no one ever heard of...but, was too lazy to look it up.
That's why this place is so gnarly...you can find out anything you need to, about anything....
Yeah but now I’m getting Maserati ads on this site

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom