OT: - Corner shower/steam | The Boneyard

OT: Corner shower/steam

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm renovating a small bathroom and hope to replace the tub with a corner shower that can be used as a steam room. Most of the units I see on Amazon have features I won't use and would rather not pay for (rainfall shower head, radio, massage jets, etc).

Anyone add a shower/steam room care to offer some advice?

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Have you considered a steam generator and steam shower door, not always the cheapest but gives you tons of flexibility. Take a look on build.com or similar sites to get an idea of what's available and suits your needs, then you can price shop.

Reaction Score
I'm renovating a small bathroom and hope to replace the tub with a corner shower that can be used as a steam room. Most of the units I see on Amazon have features I won't use and would rather not pay for (rainfall shower head, radio, massage jets, etc).

Anyone add a shower/steam room care to offer some advice?
The house we bought in West Hartford has one, it was pretty nice but honestly didn’t get much use. Ours had a box in the closet that made the steam, a digital controller in the shower and that was really all and it worked great. A steam shower door is a must.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
As a builder, I would advise against it. Keeping the steam room air tight is imperative or you risk doing a lot of damage to your home with excess humidity. If you do install one keep up with maintenance of the doors weatherstripping and the exhaust system.

As a bathroom designer I try to steer people away from corner shower units. They don’t tend to be a very comfortable arrangement. But if that’s what you have space for...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom