Corey Floyd Has Arrived | The Boneyard

Corey Floyd Has Arrived

Jorgensen

UConn ‘10
Reaction Score
1A0FBA0D-8D3F-432D-B284-F6B80EAB3D27.jpeg

Reaction Score
“We are tremendously excited to add Corey to our UConn family,” coach Dan Hurley said. “Corey is the embodiment of a UConn guard: tough, athletic, skilled and confident. Corey is a seamless fit within our culture and works to the championship standard we expect of our players and coaches alike.”

KembaKek

Read A Bouk
Reaction Score
Kid is jacked. Those shorts look horrible. Are they made of paper?
I play High School lacrosse and we use these same shorts. They suck and are a prime example of Nike trying too hard to make their uniforms "breathable". My shorts had a tear in them after our second game. While tearing may not be as much of an issue in basketball, the shorts still look and feel cheap.

Reaction Score
I’m struck by what Dan Hurley SR said after his son’s hiring press conference. ‘These guys are going to need to get in the weight room’. CF solves that problem coming out of high school

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I play High School lacrosse and we use these same shorts. They suck and are a prime example of Nike trying too hard to make their uniforms "breathable". My shorts had a tear in them after our second game. While tearing may not be as much of an issue in basketball, the shorts still look and feel cheap.
Don't know anything about your lacrosse shorts, but looking at the picture, what comes to mind is the shorts they give me at the doctor's office to put on before getting an ultrasound on my groin. Stiff, thin and made to be thrown away after one short wearing.

Reaction Score
Nike is still king obviously and I love their footwear, but other smaller brands are making better performance gear these days. I only buy Nike for UConn stuff and shoes, I don’t get their clothing anymore otherwise. The white throwback unis however are awesome and I’d love to see them wear them more.

Reaction Score
Should we restart the navy blue or black debate?

Well since it got brought up.....are these black unis new alternates for UConn this season?

MOMO74

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Initially I wasn’t a huge fan of the black uni’s, but they’re starting to grow on me. Would’ve liked to see a dark grey alternate with white outlines, but I’m here for whatever sells recruits.

Reaction Score
I like the black and all the different uniforms except the grey, I hate the grey, any grey light or dark. Got that off my chest lol. If they win in grey I'll reconsider.

Reaction Score
I like the black and all the different uniforms except the grey, I hate the grey, any grey light or dark. Got that off my chest lol. If they win in grey I'll reconsider.
Gray is super boring, I agree. I need to see the black in action.

Reaction Score
Everyone is concentrating on the unis but the painted home court is awful with the 2 toned stained court

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Nike is still king obviously and I love their footwear, but other smaller brands are making better performance gear these days. I only buy Nike for UConn stuff and shoes, I don’t get their clothing anymore otherwise. The white throwback unis however are awesome and I’d love to see them wear them more.
If you have any issues with your feet Nike footwear is the absolute worst

87Xfer

'cause...it's coming
Reaction Score
Everyone is concentrating on the unis but the painted home court is awful with the 2 toned stained court
Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of it. But I can't seem to find a good clear picture.

Reaction Score
Most teenagers have no problems. Nike is still king in perfomance as most players wear Kobe and Kyrie shoes.
Ya they put tons of money into their footwear and paying for athletes so it makes sense seeing so many players wearing them. I like their basketball shoes, but as an avid runner as well, most of their running shoes leave a lot to be desired these days (outside of the next %). I like supporting other brands for performance clothing that’s for sure.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nike is cheap stuff - only expensive in price
Adidas is better quality by far
For sneakers I go with Asics or Saucony for gym/workout shoes. Don't use basketball sneakers - with a replaced knee (Soccer and baseball) and the other due knee to be done within 24 months I don't partake in hoops anymore.
Good to see Corey in Storrs and ready to do whatever it takes to be ready in 2022-23 or this season if needed. He is definitely a more physically ready player than we have seen coming in.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

As much as I'm not a Nike fan, that's not really true. They put quite a bit into R&D. But every company has some specific lasts they use, different heel - toe drops, different arch support. I have wide feet and high arches, have yet to find a pair of Adidas I can even get on my foot. Saucony have been working for me. Tried Hoka One Ones, they are nice, but the quality isn't up to par with Brooks or Saucony. Nike makes fine shoes for some.

I finally found a use for my old (but barely used) Nike Basketball shoes from my coaching days...pickleball. I don't dare try to play in running shoes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cutthacheck

Top Bottom