Coquese Washington press confrence today | The Boneyard

Coquese Washington press confrence today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Poor timing for the Press Conference. I realize that many don't follow Women's Basketball, but why hold the Press Conference in the middle of the wnba draft. They should hold this press conference this morning or possibly even tomorrow.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Well in some ways it might be better...those who are interested will be tuning in and will see the results of the press conference as well.

Reaction Score
Is staying at Penn State.

From the presser: "I love it here at Penn State."

No details on contract extension or $ though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The location of the presser was the key.

Will she be contacted by the orange people???

Reaction Score
Poor timing for the Press Conference. I realize that many don't follow Women's Basketball, but why hold the Press Conference in the middle of the wnba draft. They should hold this press conference this morning or possibly even tomorrow.

completely agree.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The location of the presser was the key.

Will she be contacted by the orange people???
unlikely. she has no southern ties and is a Michigan native. i'd say she's a hot commodity, but I can't see Tennessee taking a serious look at her. I think she'd be a great coach there tho. hope they pass on her :)

Reaction Score
I'm glad for her. I hope she got a nice bump ('tho it's too bad she had to get to that point to GET the bump). She's on her way to building a good program at PSU (and God knows, they need some good news from their athletic dept) and there's nothing wrong with staying put and being loyal.
That said, IF THEY ARE COMMITTED Michigan is going to be a great opportunity for someone. It'll probably involve a mutual leap-of-faith.

As for as The Orange world is concerned. It's 'gonna be tough for anyone not named PHS to succeed there. Whoever takes over (when that day comes) is going to be under enormous scrutiny.

Reaction Score

I agree. They should have held it early in the day or waited until the day after the draft. It was poor timing. To hold a presser during the WNBA draft. But I think that you hit the nail on the head, not a lot of people follow women's basketball and that is why this presser was able to happen with little noise about it. Can you imagine some coach, let's say Bobby Knight holding a presser a few hours before the NCAA Final Four. Bobby Knight would have been toast! To us fans of the women's game, this was like that moment. But cool that Mrs. Washington is staying at Penn St.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Let's be real, here, guys. Most people can't name more than one or two women's basketball coaches. Geno, Pat, maybe Mulkey. A press conference for a coach that hasn't won anything on a national level or gotten to a Final Four to say that she is...staying where she is...is not breaking, national news.

If it were any of the aforementioned three, it would be. But maybe they timed it to capitalize on the audience that would be tuning in for women's bball.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It wasn't going to have any coverage from national media and PSU didn't expect to have anyone taken in the draft. There was no real conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom