Cooper owns Redick | The Boneyard

Cooper owns Redick

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is just a beautiful and entirely accurate takedown after JJ Redick made a bunch of ignorant comments about Larry Bird.

“In today’s NBA game, I don’t know what game he’s looking at, you can’t touch the guy. Anytime you touch the guy, a 3-point shooter, or come close to them when they’re landing, it’s a foul. … Larry Bird was one of the greatest shooters that ever played the game. (Expletive) percentages, it ain’t about that. It’s about hitting big shots. That guy, man.”

“JJ Redick needs to be quiet,” Cooper said. “I think he’s gotten out of this what he wants to — his name being thrown around, the attention and all that. You know what, the attention is something he’s not going to want. A lot of former players — myself, along with Dominique (Wilkins) — talk about this guy, who’s a poor man’s Jeff Hornacek.

“… That guy has no clue of how basketball was played in the ’80s and I guarantee you this, J.J. Redick. If you had played in the ’80s, I would’ve locked your ass up. You wouldn’t have got a shot off. You wouldn’t have got nothing off. You would have spent more time on the bench when I was on the floor. You couldn’t have played when I was on the court.”

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is just a beautiful and entirely accurate takedown after JJ Redick made a bunch of ignorant comments about Larry Bird.

“In today’s NBA game, I don’t know what game he’s looking at, you can’t touch the guy. Anytime you touch the guy, a 3-point shooter, or come close to them when they’re landing, it’s a foul. … Larry Bird was one of the greatest shooters that ever played the game. (Expletive) percentages, it ain’t about that. It’s about hitting big shots. That guy, man.”

“JJ Redick needs to be quiet,” Cooper said. “I think he’s gotten out of this what he wants to — his name being thrown around, the attention and all that. You know what, the attention is something he’s not going to want. A lot of former players — myself, along with Dominique (Wilkins) — talk about this guy, who’s a poor man’s Jeff Hornacek.

“… That guy has no clue of how basketball was played in the ’80s and I guarantee you this, J.J. Redick. If you had played in the ’80s, I would’ve locked your ass up. You wouldn’t have got a shot off. You wouldn’t have got nothing off. You would have spent more time on the bench when I was on the floor. You couldn’t have played when I was on the court.”

JJ made a factual comment which had zero context. Due to the style of the game and the way the game was played Bird didn't put up 8-10 3's every night. Therefore he's not one of the best 3-point shooters of all-time. That being said, everyone knows Bird is one of the greatest shooters and long-range shooters ever and you'd be tough to get past one handful of players you'd take in a shooting contest over Bird.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
JJ made a factual comment which had zero context. Due to the style of the game and the way the game was played Bird didn't put up 8-10 3's every night. Therefore he's not one of the best 3-point shooters of all-time. That being said, everyone knows Bird is one of the greatest shooters and long-range shooters ever and you'd be tough to get past one handful of players you'd take in a shooting contest over Bird.
Sure. It's wild that people don't understand. If you put up a bunch of 3s back then, the coach would bench you. Just like they would if all you did was take 2 point jump shots today. They weren't screening three point shooters open back then either. JJ wasn't a great player, and he should have a little more understanding of what's different now. Bird would have been even better in this era, his passing was incredible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom