Cooley calls No. 4 UConn ‘the best team in the country’ | The Boneyard

Cooley calls No. 4 UConn ‘the best team in the country’

Reaction Score
As Hurley would say, "Don't drink the poison." Need a big bounce back game from the Huskies.

“We’ve been fortunate to win a couple of other games on the road in the league, which are really hard to get,” Cooley said during his post-game Zoom on Sunday. “We’ve got to put this behind us really quick because you’ve got to protect home court against, to me, the best team in the country."

Cooley watched the UConn-Xavier game – won by the Musketeers 83-73 – and came away impressed with both teams.

“That clearly to me was the best college basketball game played this year,” Cooley said. “That was an elite, high level basketball game.”

Alternate free link:
PC's Cooley calls No. 4 UConn ‘the best team in the country’

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cooley knows how to play the game. Always pump up the conference and never diminish your next opponent. Still, always good to hear.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s trying to butter us up as he should,typical coach speak. We should use MJ reverse psychology, I could see Andre Jackson being the guy to do that.

What’s said before a game ultimately doesn’t matter, we gotta be aggressive and drive to the rim and 3 ball will be easier for us.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Cooley is a really good coach, I think he is clearly maximizing providence's potential at the moment. We do have a very large talent advantage over them though
Agreed. We need to impose our will and start demoralizing teams. Starting with Providence.

Reaction Score
I don't get what's mysterious here. Of course as a coach you want to pump up your opponent, so:
1) they're overconfident and/or don't have a chip on their shoulder
2) you look more impressive in a win or more justified in a loss

Reaction Score
As Hurley would say, "Don't drink the poison." Need a big bounce back game from the Huskies.

“We’ve been fortunate to win a couple of other games on the road in the league, which are really hard to get,” Cooley said during his post-game Zoom on Sunday. “We’ve got to put this behind us really quick because you’ve got to protect home court against, to me, the best team in the country."

Cooley watched the UConn-Xavier game – won by the Musketeers 83-73 – and came away impressed with both teams.

“That clearly to me was the best college basketball game played this year,” Cooley said. “That was an elite, high level basketball game.”

Alternate free link:
PC's Cooley calls No. 4 UConn ‘the best team in the country’
That’s an old set up
Calhoun built all opponents up into the Russell era Celtics .
That serves multiple purposes :
1.Motivation of his team, especially when they become aware they can score on them and defend them.
2. It makes a PC win even bigger enhancing PC status.
3. Perhaps if their opponents are a naive as some of their fans ,it could make them overconfident.
Some of us have been around the block enough to recognize BS when we see it. Nice try .

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Still can't make me care about PC.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I've liked Cooley since Fairfield. If DH wasn't our coach, I would want him on our sideline.

Reaction Score
That’s an old set up
Calhoun built all opponents up into the Russell era Celtics .
That serves multiple purposes :
1.Motivation of his team, especially when they become aware they can score on them and defend them.
2. It makes a PC win even bigger enhancing PC status.
3. Perhaps if their opponents are a naive as some of their fans ,it could make them overconfident.
Some of us have been around the block enough to recognize BS when we see it. Nice try .
I forgot to mention if you lose no big deal you lost to the best team in the country . The alums are not coming after you.
Coaches are a bit con men , not very original but con men non the less .

Reaction Score
I remember (last year?) Cooley was being interviewed after a game, and during the interview a live score came in that was a solid Big East OOC win. He was visibly pumped and all about supporting the conference. I like him for that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember (last year?) Cooley was being interviewed after a game, and during the interview a live score came in that was a solid Big East OOC win. He was visibly pumped and all about supporting the conference. I like him for that.
I caught that. It was so genuine it made me a fan as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom