Cool interactive graphics on the 100 wins | The Boneyard

Cool interactive graphics on the 100 wins

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The last graph indicates UConn would still have gone 100-0 if the game ended at half time? Is that accurate? Has UConn led every game at half time during the streak?

I can't recall a specific game, but seems like there were game(s) where UConn didn't lead at half time.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
The last graph indicates UConn would still have gone 100-0 if the game ended at half time? Is that accurate? Has UConn led every game at half time during the streak?

I can't recall a specific game, but seems like there were game(s) where UConn didn't lead at half time.
I'm not sure where you're seeing this. If I tap (on my phone) the little "halftime" button/tab, it shows that UConn trailed at halftime three times and was tied at halftime one other time.

I'm pretty sure we were tied with Notre Dame at the half this season and trailed at the half against Florida State this season and against Dayton way back in the 2015 Elite 8. Anybody remember when the other time was? I think it may have been one of the USF games last year, but I'm not certain.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
You're right, the writer is asking a question, not saying that UConn would be 100-0 using half time scores. It's up to the reader to determine what UConn's record would be using half time scores. The same would apply to the 3 point comment. If you eliminate UConn's made 3 point shots, you should also eliminate the opponent's made three point shots. Possibly count them as made 2 point shots.

I'm not sure where you're seeing this. If I tap (on my phone) the little "halftime" button/tab, it shows that UConn trailed at halftime three times and was tied at halftime one other time.

I'm pretty sure we were tied with Notre Dame at the half this season and trailed at the half against Florida State this season and against Dayton way back in the 2015 Elite 8. Anybody remember when the other time was? I think it may have been one of the USF games last year, but I'm not certain.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So, theoretically, UConn could have the longest streak in any college sport by the end of next year? Interesting.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score

This is the graphic I get when clicked and it shows that we would be 38-57-5 if our final score was what we had by halftime and the other team was not changed. The other team's stats were not changed in the entirety of this graphic.

Screenshots_2017-02-15-08-22-16.png

However, the stat I found most interesting was that we would still win 70+ games without the addition of points from the Huskies highest scorer in each game (seen when you change the variable, and a previous graphic highlights the amount of games each of the 18 players had been the leading scorer in the streak).

Pretty remarkable teamwork if you ask me =D

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
This is the graphic I get when clicked and it shows that we would be 38-57-5 if our final score was what we had by halftime and the other team was not changed. The other team's stats were not changed in the entirety of this graphic.

View attachment 19797

However, the stat I found most interesting was that we would still win 70+ games without the addition of points from the Huskies highest scorer in each game (seen when you change the variable, and a previous graphic highlights the amount of games each of the 18 players had been the leading scorer in the streak).

Pretty remarkable teamwork if you ask me =D
You are right. I was referring to the graphic closer to the top, with the differently sized circles. Clicking the "halftime" button up there shows that we'd have gone 96-3-1 if the last 100 games had all ended at halftime.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
You are right. I was referring to the graphic closer to the top, with the differently sized circles. Clicking the "halftime" button up there shows that we'd have gone 96-3-1 if the last 100 games had all ended at halftime.

Interesting I didn't know you could change the other graphics I assumed it was just the last one. Thanks for the insight! =D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

That graphic you're referring to is about the number of games out of the 100 where UConn led at halftime, trailed at halftime, and was tied at halftime.

Strangely, it's showing "3" under "behind," but only two games (South Florida and Dayton) are shown there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom