Convenient Package of UConn Information | The Boneyard

Convenient Package of UConn Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Maybe everyone knows about this, but I just stumbled into it and it's pretty good.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...o_pdf/2016-17/release/release_20161121aaa.pdf
They 'publish' this every year - they used to actually publish it, and it would be one of the 'gifts' for CPTV donations, or you could buy it. But with the advent of widespread use of PCs, they now just put it up on line every year. There are a few errors that I noticed - Stewarts total rebounds is listed as the total through her junior year, though they got her rank correct on the career records page, just forgot to update the number. Other similar errors popped up when I did a quick review of Stewart and Moriah who have lost of mentions on career and single year record pages.

(FYI - I did post this link a few days ago. And most college programs publish a similar guide on their web-site if you want to do research on any other team's records.)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
(FYI - I did post this link a few days ago. And most college programs publish a similar guide on their web-site if you want to do research on any other team's records.)

Sorry, missed it.

Reaction Score
They 'publish' this every year - they used to actually publish it, and it would be one of the 'gifts' for CPTV donations, or you could buy it. But with the advent of widespread use of PCs, they now just put it up on line every year. There are a few errors that I noticed - Stewarts total rebounds is listed as the total through her junior year, though they got her rank correct on the career records page, just forgot to update the number. Other similar errors popped up when I did a quick review of Stewart and Moriah who have lost of mentions on career and single year record pages.

I missed it--and apparently missed the team photo site. On which thread was it published--

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ok smarty pants-----where can I find the Team Photo (alone) I usually use that years team photo as my laptop background
Thanks I enjoyed this.

Wow, I thought it would be there on the team site to snatch but no!

Reaction Score
Wow, I thought it would be there on the team site to snatch but no!

Thanks usually about this time the team photo is published. I've been checking the ROSTER site , where it usually resides, but nothing.
The pix you pulled up with the Media Guide is the Official Team pix--that's the only place I've found it. Not on Uconnhuskies or facebook etc.
Thank again..

Reaction Score
Back in the day, some 25 or more years ago, these would be printed and spiral bound. They would be left for the press on the tables where the reporters would sit courtside. We would hustle down and scarf up any copy that had been left behind.

Reaction Score
Not trying to be pedantic (boy, am I ever late with that effort!), but I don't get the order of how they list the UConn players, both "probable" starters and reserves. It's not by place in the alphabet, uniform number, graduating class, or even playing position. Does anyone know the da vinci code for this?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not trying to be pedantic (boy, am I ever late with that effort!), but I don't get the order of how they list the UConn players, both "probable" starters and reserves. It's not by place in the alphabet, uniform number, graduating class, or even playing position. Does anyone know the da vinci code for this?
It is by class - and then alphabetically
Seniors: Chong, Lawlor
Juniors Butler, Nurse, Stevens, Williams
etc.
They are not assuming the new transfers will stay, though they have assumed Butler will. The is the only inconsistency and I am not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom