Conspiracy Theories | The Boneyard

Conspiracy Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just thought a thread to consolidate the various conspiracy theories would be helpful.

I'll start, feel free to add.

1. ESPN wants to kill the BE (not withstanding the fact that BE BB fills about 33% of the winter programming).
1.a. ESPN encouraged BYU to talk with the BE and then drop them just to make the BE look bad.

2. BC kept UConn out of the ACC even though 4 schools would need to vote against them.
2.a. BC controlled the expansion committee of the ACC even though that committee had 12 members.

3. ND and Uconn have a secret agreement to move to a conference together.

4. The SEC and B1G are going to make the BCS exclusive to themselves by having all the rules changed.

5. Twitter feeds and fan blogs are the most accurate source for news.

6. Everyone is jealous of UConn and this is how they are getting back at them.

7. PSU is behind this and all that is evil in college sports today.

Reaction Score
i heard Florida and Texas were going to start their own athletic conglomerate consisting of only the two of them and they'll play each other for the championship every year. the winner of that will play Rutgers.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the BC story seems credible, considering the BC AD boasted about such

I think it's fair to say they lobbied to keep UConn out

the TV contract stuff also raised it's head from two unrelated inside sources. And if the BEAST didn't resign with ESPN, then 33% of ESPN's winter programming would no longer be there for them

I'm not supporting or opposing your overall argument, I'm just saying somethings are not as far fetched as you suggest

Reaction Score
What if Marinatto and Swafford have a secret, brokeback, fishing relationship and all of this is a gift of love from John to John? Beebe also used to fish too but he was able to quit those two cowboys when he got fired from the Big 12? Marinatto initially wanted to give UConn but Swafford was embarrassed that it was too much and so Marinatto gave Pitt instead?

Most of this is pure speculation but it IS confirmed that Pitt went to ACC so there is some smoke here.

Reaction Score
1) 33% of ESPN's winter programming recently told ESPN that they might be "interested in seeing other people".
2) BC's AD is quoted as saying he lobbied to block UConn from the ACC.
3) The same dope was quoted as saying ESPN told them what to do

I dont believe there is a huge conspiracy by ESPN to screw UConn, but I do believe they want to downgrade the value of the BE to keep Fox or Comcast from paying for the contract. UConn could just end up being collateral damage.

I do believe BC's objective is to damage UConn in an effort to protect their own interest. Sad thing there is a strong UConn would actually benefit BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom